I now have both an Equinox 600 & 800 on the way. lol

AllMetalDan

So for my 30th birthday I decided I would treat myself to a new detector. I found a good deal on eBay for a barely used Equinox 600, with the carrying bag, a hat, arm rest, Andy Sabisch’s book, and control box cover for $650 without tax. It was shipped using USPS. Due to the crazy USPS issues, it’s now late and the tracking hasn’t been updated in over a week.

Now around 3 am this morning, I found a barely used Equinox 800 with the wireless headset, Andy’s book, stock coil, and the 6” and 15” coil for $899. That’s about the price of a new 800 plus $400 worth of coils. I happily bought it as soon as possible. I told the seller to use UPS or FedEx and I would pay for the shipping.

I’ll try to sell the 600 locally. Shouldn’t be too hard. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats, that'll be a nice setup and plenty of accessories.

Thanks. I can’t wait to use it. Talked to the seller and he has already shipped it through FedEx. It should be here on Wednesday [emoji16]

Congratulations on some smart investment, and treating yourself to a birthday present ... twice. I got married when I was 21 364/365 years old and on the drive home on my honeymoon I stopped at a dealer's shop and bought a new detector. I guess I was treating myself to the only birthday present I got that year. My birthday was just over three months ago and one wish I have is that I would have been turning 30. Enjoy this great outdoor sport as much as you can while you're young.

AllMetalDan: said:
It was shipped using USPS. Due to the crazy USPS issues, it’s now late and the tracking hasn’t been updated in over a week.
I'm not sure where you live but maybe some of this is a regional thing? I talked with a Dealer friend two weeks ago and we discussed detectors and did a trade. We each mailed them out, USPS Priority Mail and had them 2 days later.

Last week I talked with a friend in Kansas and I'm in the small town of Vale, Oregon. It was just after lunchtime for me and he and I also agreed on a detector trade deal. I finished my lunch, boxed and wrapped the detector, and made it to the PO before they closed. It was late Tuesday afternoon and I shipped USPS Priority Mail. He received it about mid-day on Thursday. It was late in Kansas and he mailed my detector to me via Priority Mail on Wednesday. It arrived on Friday.

I always mail off payments or send packages via USPS Priority Mail and almost never have an issue. it's a business and from time-to-time I have had a package that arrived a day later than suggested, but that is very seldom. I think some minor glitches have to be a regional thing.

Put in the time to learn and enjoy your two new Minelab detectors.

Monte

Congratulations on some smart investment, and treating yourself to a birthday present ... twice. I got married when I was 21 364/365 years old and on the drive home on my honeymoon I stopped at a dealer's shop and bought a new detector. I guess I was treating myself to the only birthday present I got that year. My birthday was just over three months ago and one wish I have is that I would have been turning 30. Enjoy this great outdoor sport as much as you can while you're young.

I'm not sure where you live but maybe some of this is a regional thing? I talked with a Dealer friend two weeks ago and we discussed detectors and did a trade. We each mailed them out, USPS Priority Mail and had them 2 days later.

Last week I talked with a friend in Kansas and I'm in the small town of Vale, Oregon. It was just after lunchtime for me and he and I also agreed on a detector trade deal. I finished my lunch, boxed and wrapped the detector, and made it to the PO before they closed. It was late Tuesday afternoon and I shipped USPS Priority Mail. He received it about mid-day on Thursday. It was late in Kansas and he mailed my detector to me via Priority Mail on Wednesday. It arrived on Friday.

I always mail off payments or send packages via USPS Priority Mail and almost never have an issue. it's a business and from time-to-time I have had a package that arrived a day later than suggested, but that is very seldom. I think some minor glitches have to be a regional thing.

Put in the time to learn and enjoy your two new Minelab detectors.

Monte

I don’t what the issue is. I live in Mississippi and the seller lives in Ohio. He shipped it on August 11th using USPS Ground. The latest that I should’ve gotten it was August 22nd. I e-mailed their USPS customer service yesterday. I’m just waiting to hear back from them.

I usually never have any problems using USPS.
fb6a2d72a86050090009dd7d15eebd02.jpg

I'm not sure where you live but maybe some of this is a regional thing?

...and the seller lives in Ohio...

There’s your problem right there. Yes, it’s almost certainly a regional issue. Any mail, and especially packages of any size, that get sorted through the Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh USPS hubs have been subject to delays all summer - sometimes very lengthy ones. One of the side effects of COVID-19. I know for a fact the Detroit hub was shutdown for about a week in late June and all mail rerouted - which was especially chaotic if you happened to have a package already enroute to or at the facility.

My worst example was a package that was mailed to me from a town 30 miles to my west which took over a month to get to me at the end of June/early July. I could have walked there, picked it up, and walked home faster...with weeks to spare! On the plus side, once I filed a “Missing Mail Search Request”, the post office was very responsive and the package finally started moving again. Anyways, all mail and packages currently going through this area is still likely to get delayed by a day or two or more.

There’s your problem right there. Yes, it’s almost certainly a regional issue. Any mail, and especially packages of any size, that get sorted through the Detroit, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh USPS hubs have been subject to delays all summer - sometimes very lengthy ones. One of the side effects of COVID-19. I know for a fact the Detroit hub was shutdown for about a week in late June and all mail rerouted - which was especially chaotic if you happened to have a package already enroute to or at the facility.

My worst example was a package that was mailed to me from a town 30 miles to my west which took over a month to get to me at the end of June/early July. I could have walked there, picked it up, and walked home faster...with weeks to spare! On the plus side, once I filed a “Missing Mail Search Request”, the post office was very responsive and the package finally started moving again. Anyways, all mail and packages currently going through this area is still likely to get delayed by a day or two or more.

Well that’s good to know. lol Thanks for the info. I’ll know not to buy anything from that area til this whole Covid stuff calms down.

Thank you so much. It’ll definitely take some getting used to. I’ll try it out on my trash filled yard and see if I missed anything with my AT Pro. lol

Hey, AT Pro is not a bad detector from what I've heard, but I have read of people finding stuff with their Nox that they missed before they had a Nox.

Thank you so much. It’ll definitely take some getting used to. I’ll try it out on my trash filled yard and see if I missed anything with my AT Pro. lol

Happy B day! Congrats on the 800, You will like it and it is better than the Atp but will take some getting used to.

The USPS is slowing down for other reasons in addition to the coronavirus, too.

Back
Top Bottom