CTX-3030 - GEO Coordinates

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
While using the map feature on the CTX, I am noticing the latitude and longitude in the lower right corner are not changing. I would think the Geo coordinates would change from target to target even though they are 5 or 10 feet apart. All find points I created show exactly the same lat and long.

Is the CTX not that accurate?

Am I doing something wrong?

GPS on (enhanced)
GPS shows satellite acquired.
GEO Tracking is on.
Wayfinding is on.

Any help is much appreciated.

R5

Try pro zero look to the right then the left whichever direction has the most bikinis and g strings go that way

Not sure about the machine itself, but most consumer level gps will require more movement to change the coordinates. Even my Garmin I carry usually bumps about 10ft at a time. Then you have to factor in the drift even as you sit still.

** Here is a useful link outside of any issues with the machine itself, most cell phones run about 16ft accuracy

https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

Not sure about the machine itself, but most consumer level gps will require more movement to change the coordinates. Even my Garmin I carry usually bumps about 10ft at a time. Then you have to factor in the drift even as you sit still.

** Here is a useful link outside of any issues with the machine itself, most cell phones run about 16ft accuracy

https://www.gps.gov/systems/gps/performance/accuracy/

Thanks for reply and link.

Identifying GEO coordinates for property markers. GPS doesn’t change from front door of the home to the several markers on the 1.5 acre property.

R5

It does depend WHERE you are in the country and how many satellites you have at your disposal at that time. Mine is accurate to about 6-8 feet here in southern WI.

Thanks for reply and link.

Identifying GEO coordinates for property markers. GPS doesn’t change from front door of the home to the several markers on the 1.5 acre property.

R5

Have you ever tried driving across town or something and trying it? Just troubleshooting ideas... maybe your lot is a dead zone of sorts?

Back
Top Bottom