Knees are getting wrecked!

...In the pictures they cross the straps, which is what I started doing. I think this helps prevent slipping and also increases comfort.

I noticed that when I clicked the Amazon link this time...I don’t think they had that pic posted when I bought them. Apparently I’ve been wearing them wrong all this time!! :lol: I’ll have to give the crossed straps a try on my next hunt to see if they get even better :yes:

I'm a not getting any younger lady, I don't have knee problems but I am new to this and have to kneel on often hard pebbly ground..ouch. I only use a White's Digmaster so am down alot (getting shovel recommendations on different thread), does anybody have any knee pad recommendations that are easy to put on, don't slip, and hopefully not look too horrendous 😳? thank you!

How about these

I'm a not getting any younger lady, I don't have knee problems but I am new to this and have to kneel on often hard pebbly ground..ouch. I only use a White's Digmaster so am down alot (getting shovel recommendations on different thread), does anybody have any knee pad recommendations that are easy to put on, don't slip, and hopefully not look too horrendous 😳? thank you!

I hate strap-on knee pads with a passion...I have tried all sorts and have not found any that I can tolerate for more than a few minutes.

By far the best solution is a pair of work pants with cordura faced pockets that take the foam knee pads. Make sure they are cordura faced though, as otherwise they won't last.
The foam inserts can also be reinforced with duct tape, or if you feel the need, get a couple of piece of vinyl flooring and cut to fit in the knee pockets using the foam pads as a pattern.

You can also get Airsoft kneepad trousers which look like combat trousers with hard plastic knee pads moulded direct to the knees. I know a few people who swear by these, but I have not tried them myself.

In summer when it's hot and I want to wear shorts, I use a foam kneeler pad....

Not really your question, but if I were designing trousers for metal detecting, I would add some molle strips to the knee area, and then add molle straps to some military style hard shell knee pads. This would avoid them having to be strapped into place and make them far more comfortable to wear.

Crocs (like the shoes) made great knee pads. Lightweight and easy to wear. Unfortunately they no longer make them. BUT I still find them on eBay. I bought them whenever I saw them but I now have a good supply but I heartily recommend them

I bought a pair of the firehose work pants from Duluth Trading. Yes, they are pricey - but they have built in pockets for knee pads, they look good, are comfortable and seem to be VERY durable! I love having the knee pads available without having a constricting band around the back of my knee - and the foam knee pads easily slip in and out of the velcro-enclosed pockets for laundering

Back
Top Bottom