Backpack

JB_Digger

I need a good backpack. I currently use an eddie bauer light backpack and it's super light - cost me $20.00 but doesn't hold a ton and my detector (broken down) sticks out the top. I am looking for a sleek, comfortable bag that can hold giant finds, a few bottles of water, snacks, and my detector broken down. I have been looking around at different ideas. Just wanted to get your opinions. Also - do you sit yours down in the general area and come back to it or do you carry it all the time? I find my bag slipping to the left or right while I pinpoint, and the more it has - the harder it slips. Just curious. My brother and I are currently digging old railroad right of ways and we are finding a lot of big, heavy iron, etc. Thanks!!

PS: I have a small finds pouch on my belt. This is more for snacks, water, giant finds and spare batts, etc.

Have considered golf travel bags with shoulder straps. Not sure what's best but I have a project that needs finishing too that's posted in DIY section.

Have you considered military issue, metal framed back packs? One could strap a lot of gear onto those beasts. Plus they have a waist belt to take the load off your shoulders.

Back
Top Bottom