Equinox Update Questions

Ra1der5

Athletic Supporter
Forum Supporter
Just got a used Equinox 800. I updated to program version 3.1.3 yesterday. Went to the beach today and created a User Profile.

1) From what I read, if Minelab has another update, it will not overwrite my profile... correct?

2) If the answer to Question 1 is yes and Minelab later has an update that affects the beach program I am using, then I would need to create and save a new User Profile to take advantage of those changes... correct?

3) After updating the machine, will a factory reset take it back to program version 1, or back to the last updated version?

In advance, thanks for responses.

Raider Regards,

R5

1. It will not overwrite your profile UNLESS the update requires a factory reset.

2. If a later update changes Beach 1 and your user profile is based on the old Beach 1 you will need to make a new user profile based on the new Beach 1

3. If you are referring to the original Equinox 800 firmware version.......a factory reset (holding down the power button until you see FP) does not change the firmware version it only resets all of the search modes to factory settings.
If you are asking about what happens to your User Profile if you do a factory reset.......your User Profile based on Beach 1 will revert back to the original Park 1 factory setting.

Jeff

Whenever you do a factory reset by turning it on profile would be gone.
If you just do a individuals pattered reset your profile will not be erased.
So you better keep a paper copy of your profile.
Doug

Thanks To both of you for quick replies.

Just to clarify; my EQ has firmware version 3.1.3. If I do a factory reset by holding the power button, it will still have version 3.1.3, but I will lose the User Profile... correct?

R5

Back
Top Bottom