Yesterday’s Eyeball Find Much Better Than Today’s Hunt – Big 10K!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
As I left work yesterday to get to my car, I took a different route. As I am walking, I see some gold & shiny thing just off the street in a parking area. I go over and pick it up and :dingding:. I get to my car and take out my jeweler’s loupe and examine it and see a nice “10K” marking on the back. I weigh it at home and it’s 12.5 grs. I am sure a fellow Cuban paid a good amount of money for that “San Lazaro” medallion as its almost $300 in gold value. What a nice chunk of change! :gettinmoney:

Today is Yom Kippur, and that is always a Teacher Planning Day in the school system. I went in to work for about 2 hours and took off early for the after 11am low tide. I took Merlin expecting a water hunt since the beach cam looked good for this. However it was quite a different story! Although it “looked calm” on the beach cam. the NNE wind created a nice smooth large surfable wave. I got in the water and after about 20-30 minutes of the jumping over the wave and the rest of the “Pirate’s Ballet” trying to keep from getting hit and getting sucked in and sucked out, it was just too difficult to get targets. I went out and hunted the wet sand for about 3.5 hours of the rest of the hunt. It was very similar to the hunt I had last Thursday with lots of coins. This time there were many less pennies and lots of heavier and greener coins. There was one patch that the vast majority of these all I came from. I worked every target I could trying to make the gold appear, but it still wasn’t enough. The last hour, as the tide was coming in, again it became nearly impossible to work. The surf came in strong and nearly knocked me down a few times. Rocks were being slammed into my legs and I had to be careful with the scoop so as not to be injured. I still had a great time and workout though!

Attachments

• 10-4-22.jpg
    10-4-22.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 326
  • 10-5-22.jpg
    10-5-22.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 333
  • 10-5-22 Coin.jpg
    10-5-22 Coin.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
Nice Felix... I haven't found any parking lot gold in about 3 years now... ;)

That doesn't count.....just kidding. Gold is gold. Parking lot finds can sometimes be better than the beach.

very nice finds. I would take that medallion any way I found it. I am always watching the ground on my walks with my dog and especially around parking lots. Found a small diamond ear stud in a strip shopping center parking lot once before the street sweeper got it.

Back
Top Bottom