• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

New from Texas

Just bought my first metal detector and a lot of books on how to hunt on the beach. Any suggestions will be helpful. :laughing:http://metaldetectingforum.com/images/smilies/shocked.gif

Welcome from Boston. Salt water beach, or fresh?

If salt, hope you bought a detector that is not bothered by the high conductivity of the wet/black sand parts of the beach. Most any detector does fine in the dry sand areas, but like mine, as soon as you get into the water and wet sand at a salt water beach, some detectors are mostly useless, due to the amount of false signals in these areas. Very frustrating!

Good luck and Happy Hunting.

Welcome from Galveston.....which MD did you get? I bought a Garrett ACE 300. Before it arrived at the house, I researched further and found out it wouldn't work in wet salty beach sand. Soon as I got the box, I sent it right back for a refund. I figure one day I'll get that Taiwan made Simplex.

Welcome from Illinois.

I'm going to be in your area next week for work and hope to get some detecting in at Galveston (I'll be in Kingwood but hopefully can get to Galveston on Sunday)

Back
Top Bottom