Marble falls texas Newbie

TammyJo

Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all.
Got my first metal detector for Christmas, from my husband. Any advice is greatly welcome. :p

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina and Happy New Year !!!!

Mention the make and model of detector you got and some members might have tips related to that specific model.

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from So.Cal ! Read the manual 5x and watch a few videos on your detector and get out and USE IT !!! GL...

Hey Tammi, welcome to the great outdoors. A few things to remember when detecting, 1. have patience, you're going to find a lot of junk and a little treasure. 2. You're going to get dirty. 3. Get a pinpointer. They are great times savers once you get the hang of them. 4. Have fun!!!

Welcome from Huntsville, TX

My advice would be to stop by the Bluebonnet Cafe and have a slice of pie before you go detecting. ;-) Welcome from Huntsville, Texas' leading gated community.

Welcome from Driftwood. I've detected 281 from Twin Sisters to Lampasas. Haven't found much to be honest but only detected public places. If you have friends and family with older private property you should do just fine.

Marble has that big park which is good to practice in but a lot of pull tabs from old aluminum cans. That is good practice for gold detecting because they have similar target IDs on many metal detectors.

Welcome from Michigan!

Hey Tammi, welcome to the great outdoors. A few things to remember when detecting, 1. have patience, you're going to find a lot of junk and a little treasure. 2. You're going to get dirty. 3. Get a pinpointer. They are great times savers once you get the hang of them. 4. Have fun!!!

Good advice here, and from my perspective, don't mess around with cheap pinpointers. If you can afford it, just do it right and get a Garrett Pro-Pointer AT.

Welcome from another Texan. Take the time to read posts on this forum. There is TONS of info here. I have friends and relatives in the Marble. Enjoy that pie!

Back
Top Bottom