• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Carbon-fiber shafts (middle and lower sections) for Garrett's AT- and Ace-series, GTi, and GTAx Machines!

steveg

Elite Member
Hi all!

I have recently been working on carbon-fiber shafts (the middle and lower shaft sections), for Garrett detectors (the AT-Max, Pro, and Gold, the Ace series, the GTi, and the GTAx).

I'm happy to say that the first 10 prototype shafts are complete, and they've turned out great!

The two shaft sections are connected by one of my heavy-duty clamp-type cam locks (as used on my Equinox shafts), which eliminates the twist-lock and the spring button/button-hole design that is used for attachment of these two shaft sections, on the Garrett shaft.

AS A RESULT, my shaft offers four benefits over the stock middle and lower shaft sections...

*LIGHTER WEIGHT. My carbon-fiber middle and lower shaft sections offer a 20% weight reduction over the stock Garrett middle and lower sections. (My two-piece shaft weighs 5 ounces +/- .1 oz or so, whereas Garrett's two sections weigh 6.1 ounces +/- .1 oz or so).

*FASTER/EASIER INSTALLATION AND SHAFT LENGTH ADJUSTMENT. With no twist lock and no spring button/button holes to fumble with, attachment of the lower shaft to the middle shaft is quick and easy; simply flip open the clamping lever on the cam lock, insert the lower rod section into the middle shaft section, and lock the clamping lever closed!

*UNLIMITED ADJUSTMENT LENGTH OF THE LOWER ROD SECTION. Again, with no spring button/button holes on the shaft, you can quickly and easily adjust the lower rod to ANY desired length, as opposed to having your lower rod adjustment length confined to pre-determined button-hole locations.

*IMPROVED AESTHETICS/VISUAL APPEARANCE. The high-quality, attractive look of carbon fiber offers an upgrade the look of your Garrett machine. And, you can add even more visual appeal -- making your AT- or Ace-series machine really "stand out" from the crowd -- by choosing one of a number of custom colors for your carbon-fiber shaft. A green/black prototype shaft is pictured, below!

If you have any interest in upgrading to a carbon-fiber shaft for your AT- or Ace-series, GTi, or GTAx machines from Garrett, or have any questions, contact me via PM.

THANKS!

Steve

ATgreen-black-assembled.jpg

ATgreen-black-disassembled.jpg

Here are a couple more pictures -- the first, with one of the green/black shafts assembled onto an AT Pro, and the second, showing four middle shafts in the four different colors I used, for this first small batch of shafts (black, green/black, blue/black, and red/black).

Thanks!

Steve

Green-Black1.jpg

Middle4-Colors-small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom