• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Got a little time to hunt a Civil War site

kmad515

I am fortunate to live in an area that's deep in Civil War history but have not gotten a chance to hunt much over the last year. I decided to go out Sunday with my 9 year old son to an area near us that is adjacent to a battlefield park. We spent about an hour and a half combing the woods with little to show for it other than a pocket of trash. Then we get two nice signals back to back, the first Civil War era and the second I'm assuming is something from early to mid 1900's but still pretty cool. If anyone has more info on the suspender clip (at least I think this is what it is), please let me know. Same goes for the 30-06 shell casing. I know it's not much but my son's face lit up when I told him how old at least the suspender clip was. Thanks for looking and happy hunting!
65b8d06529ef19682ba77f26dd8beba4.jpg
260d35b2cc86586ab406d2b01ff908b0.jpg
a8c93d2a69188ebb1d3e6a35e6992193.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I believe the bullet casing is modern and can still be bought today. The F C is for Federal Cartridge Corporation, SPRG stands for Springfield which is the type of bullet and it’s a 30 caliber bullet.

As for the “suspender clip” I’m not to familiar with buckles and clips but maybe if you put it in the Help Id thread you will get better feedback. To me it looks to be old though. Nice find, I love to hear that your son is enjoying it!

I’d call the buckle civil war period. Also used on a vest cinch and probably other uses as well.

I’ve seen them with dates stamped on them 1854
So over all I’d claim it as such.

Thanks for the comments. I actually got a chance to clean it up and you can clearly make out the "PATENT 1855" on it now.
625575aeaa896d4d4bf64123a9a0e91c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom