Find of a lifetime

That is totally amazing, congratulations!
I guess if a person covers enough square inches, he will find just about everything.
One of those little beauties is at the top of my bucket list for 2020:yes:

Fantastic find. A gold coin is still on my bucket list.
The tweezers looking relic is a musical instrument known as a Jews Harp or Mouth Harp.
I also noticed that one of your musket balls had a hole in it. It had been pulled from a musket with a screw-like attachment on the end of a ramrod.

Fantastic find. A gold coin is still on my bucket list.
The tweezers looking relic is a musical instrument known as a Jews Harp or Mouth Harp.
I also noticed that one of your musket balls had a hole in it. It had been pulled from a musket with a screw-like attachment on the end of a ramrod.

Thanks. I thought Jews harp at first but they look different than any I have seen. You are right about the one being pulled. It has been pulled. I can’t wait to get back to this spot.

Eye popping, Mind Blowing, Once in a Lifetime Find. CONGRATULATIONS I drive thru KY Ashland to Louisville and then Corbin and Yall find stuff like that. I must be good luck.

How long was it before your hands quit shaking??

You must be good luck. You need to drive through more often lol. Honestly I probably set there for at least 20 minutes before I started detecting again. I called my wife and then a buddy that moderates the Christian forum on another forum and I texted them a few pictures. Then I called another detecting buddy. I sat there looking at it on the ground that long before I ever picked it up. Then I kept checking every few seconds after i started detecting to make sure I still had it. I was definitely not expecting to find one of those civil war relic hunting. The scabbard was nice to and I would have been happy finding it. But the gold definitely took all my excitement away from the rest of the finds. Lol

Congratulations on a find that truly is one of a lifetime.:yes: What a way to start out at a site. No telling what else might show up. The entire group of finds would get anyone's blood pumping. Best of luck on your next hunt, but I am sure you know the chances of beating that one is rare.:D Thanks for sharing a find most of us will never see under our coils.

That is indeed a find it a lifetime..Congrats on knocking that off the bucket list, your now part of a elite club,almost like the hall of fame..lol

Back
Top Bottom