Great Day--Pretty Sweet SLQ

WOW! That is incredible. I came looking for a sweet SLQ (and it IS sweet. Lots of detail!), and I look at the pictures and think, "WHAAA? CAPPED BUST!"

That's awesome! What a great day!

Skippy
Skippy thank you. I know, a capped bust trumps an SLQ anyday. It was a shocker and best and oldest find for my buddy and he's been at it for 20 yrs. HH Mark

Great finds. I love the padlock.
Chill thanks, thats my second old padlock. HH Mark

Just a very impressive haul of loot and a fun day with your buddy to boot! I really like that lock but it looks too clean to be dug....ya sure ya didn't swipe it off the Clemente Bridge? :laughing: Just kidding! Big congrats to you and send some warm temps up here to me in Warren County.....
Thank you sir, good day for sure. Funny thing about the lock was instead of having a nice green patina on it, there were these globs of green crustacean on it. I soaked it in oil to clean it up. HH Mark.

Congrats on an awesome hunt. Hope to get some hunt time in this coming week. GL & HH.
Ron thanks I hope those old sites you have pay off soon for you. Good luck and HH Mark

Very nice markinswpa.

I would like to book a 2 day trip to Silver City please.
Thank you,closed for the season. lol. HH Mark

Thanks

If you look closely that coin is on edge. At maybe 8 inches from the bottom of the coil that likely threw the pinpointing off by a few inches in the direction of the hole. Also, I've read that the eqinox doesn't have proportional audio for depth and the depth estimate isn't great anyway, probably moreso with a coin on edge. So, hopefully not all of the retrievals turned out like that in a public park. Arguably, a wider three sided flap hole is easier on the grass. They can hold together better when theres not much root structure. I'll dig wider holes (and not use a towel to get all of the dirt back in the hole) if it's private property and the owner verifies its about to be developed or landscaped anyway. If it's an area with lots of targets that could get unmasked, then a wider hole is better than trying to dig three or four holes right next to each other.

Ts thanks for the comment and like you I use a towel and prefer a little wider plug to ensure the roots stay intact and heal quicker. The Equinox does seem to pinpoint loudest off the edge of the coil with coins on edge. Unfortunately I noticed this after a few disasters with the 15in coil. When I first got it I practiced pointing to find the sweet spot on the coil but didn't think to try it on edge. This seems to be the case with all three coils. HH Mark

Very impressive finds. You found enough silvers in one day to take the rest of the year off. Major congrats with this hunt!
John thanks, hopefully just getting started. HH Mark

Some really nice finds between you two! Sounds like you've got an awesome park there!
Thank you sir, its not a park, it was a 100 yrs. ago but now just overgrown private property. HH Mark

This is a good observation. Those coins on edge can skew the pinpoint somewhat. I've dug PLENTY of plugs that looked like that (and worse haha) Even with a plug that large and messy, it all goes back together pretty nicely. Slide the loose dirt back in the hole and flip the plug back over, stamp it down real good. I have noticed that those larger plugs seem to mend up nicer than the smaller ones. To your point though, digging like that in a public park will raise some eyebrows for sure. Sounds like the OP was in a wooded area.

Really nice outing! I sure would like to get over a SL Quarter again!

Stiffy thank you. With the numbers and the type of coins we found I was expecting a Barber quarter but was quite happy for the SLQ. My buddy dug an SLQ about 6 mo. ago from the same area. As far as plugs go I'm sure we all have had some go south. HH Mark

That is some very impressive hunting for both you an Dave. Anytime you can have a multiple Silver day you living in the clouds on a high, Congrats Mark on the Barber's, the Merc and a very nice older Standing Liberty. The lock from your last hunt is also very neat find. Trapper

Great recoveries there !
A Saint Patricks' weekend of silver, and other oldies !
Thank you, The luck of the Irish was riding high. HH Mark

That's some sweet silver there. Great variety. Excellent.
Thank you.

That’s some nice silver!
Thank you.

Congrats on all that silver!
Thank you.

Beauty finds one and all! You got yourself into some old dirt there Pal!! Outstanding!
Mud thanks, to hear it told the place was pounded over the years but for some reason a small area on the fringe was overlooked and has produced some really good finds over the last year. HH Mark

Some very nice silver..and the padlock is fantastic
Joe thanks, and yes I love the lock as well. HH Mark

Wow a capped bust coin:shock::shock::shock::shock:
Yes WOW, thats what I said. HH Mark

That is some very impressive hunting for both you an Dave. Anytime you can have a multiple Silver day you living in the clouds on a high, Congrats Mark on the Barber's, the Merc and a very nice older Standing Liberty. The lock from your last hunt is also very neat find. Trapper
Trapper, Thank you. Yes this place has been great but one has to wonder how much more it has to give. Its just a small grassy area. The lock was a surprise and a nice one at that. I hope you and you and your buddies can get out soon. HH Mark

What an outstanding group of finds! Barbers and the elusive SLQ. You guys killed it!!

Nice collection of coins, that was a very good day

Outstanding hunt you guys! Quite an assortment of beautiful coins you all found. That SLQ and Dave's capped bust quarter are making me drool over here!:lol: Between work and shuttling my mother to radiation and chemo appointments, I haven't been getting out much lately. I'm on a silver drought after killing it in January and February. We need to hunt together again soon. I seem to find good stuff when you're around!:D

What an outstanding group of finds! Barbers and the elusive SLQ. You guys killed it!!
Thank you, it was a great day. HH Mark

Nice collection of coins, that was a very good day
Thank you, yes, you don't get many days like this one. HH Mark

Outstanding hunt you guys! Quite an assortment of beautiful coins you all found. That SLQ and Dave's capped bust quarter are making me drool over here!:lol: Between work and shuttling my mother to radiation and chemo appointments, I haven't been getting out much lately. I'm on a silver drought after killing it in January and February. We need to hunt together again soon. I seem to find good stuff when you're around!:D

Fred thank you. First let me say I will hold a good thought for your mom that she is able to endure and overcomes her cancer. I had a sister go through it a few years back. Thankfully she is still with us.

I hope you can find time to get soon. For me the best time to hunt is April- May is just around the corner. I don't do well in the heat of summer. I look forward to a meet up. HH Mark

Congrats on a great hunt!!! Still looking for my Barber anything, and a SLQ. I hunt with Toad, and he has 3 SLQ this year, but all have been wiped.

You guys killed it! Congrats to both of ya! Nice permission!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congrats on a great hunt!!! Still looking for my Barber anything, and a SLQ. I hunt with Toad, and he has 3 SLQ this year, but all have been wiped.

Worm, thank you. You may not have a Barber or SLQ but you guys are killin on the silver no doubt. I have only one half a 20 Walker , for me big silver seems to elude me. HH Mark

Back
Top Bottom