Wuzzit mean Wally?

AZWIP

Elite Member
Ok, have a total of about 1.5 years under my belt(s) now... I am "almost" getting near being no longer a noobie... figure another 10-15 years and will be known as a medium expert. Lol.

Having said that... need ya'lls opinion...

When you hit a "new" (to you) place... these can be some typical scenarios... with my opinion...

1.) You hit, Pennies, dimes, nickels, quarters, and foil and pull tabs
- Yay! "Fresh" territory!!!

2.) You seem to hit mostly, Pennies and foil/tabs
- Ok, someone "cherry picked" it... disc'd out the pennies and left them and
the Gold for me. :yes:

3.) You hit pretty much nothing, but an occasional tiny piece of foil
- I have already been there. :lol:

I find the above three scenarios are pretty much it at the fields etc I hit on. Your thoughts and interpretations? Any others?

Thanks!

I tend to hit #1 scenario. I can't figure out why the areas I hunt are always seemingly unhunted, at least for the time being. Not that I am complaining!:lol: Maybe their just aren't a lot of mders in my area?

Another one...
Pennies, nickels, Dimes and quarters...foil and pull tabs of early to modern variety.....and bottle tops...so many bottle tops, every few inches...that's right, inches, not feet.

This would be a park so trashy I don't think many even ventured here, not for very long , anyway.

I actually had to dig up about 15 bottle caps or pull tabs within a one square foot area just to clear out a piece of sod to ground balance over.

I hate and love it at the same time.

A real challenge, (hate), but a lot of good targets are mixed in with all the trash.(Love)

I have a couple of these older park sites and I just go there and dig as much as I can...good and bad, and hope eventually I will get enough trash out of the area to let all the treasure shine through.

Digger, just keep saying over and over, "I'm doing a great public service...I'm doing a great public service,,," ;)

Digger, just keep saying over and over, "I'm doing a great public service...I'm doing a great public service,,," ;)

I tried doing that....lost my voice after awhile.

Attachments

• trash.jpg
    trash.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 116
It all depends. I was out yesterday and a guy was at the park with his kids and came up to me saying he also MD's and had hit the park many times with his father and uncle and there wasn't much around. I still managed to pull out pennies, dimes, quarters and a bracelet charm. No park of any size can be completely hunted out. No one is that meticulous with grid searching.

Yea. Sites have their own personality. My second year.. My kind of sites have been...
1) Trash Sites, old concert sites. boat ramps and fishing areas full of beer and coke cans and trash. A real challenge but not much luck.
2.) Fantastic old relic type sites of taverns and buildings that are picked so clean there isn't even hardly any iron PERIOD. No Luck. Amazes me. I just got a bigger coil and want to revisit these. There's got to be a an old coin there somewhere!
3.) Tot Lots , base ball parks and parking lots with vending machines great for quick clad search for spare change and cheap jewelry.
4.) Historic trails with rare hits on anything metal,,,, hard work but find best finds here.
5.) Old private house lots with permission the best.
6.) My own backyard when I firsts learned MD! Found my own clad and best finds.
7.) Have not hit any beaches..... now that is another world!

Back
Top Bottom