1/2 Pint Milk Bottle

Diabolik

Elite Member
I found this today in an older local park. I wondered off of a baseball field and was hunting the edge of the woods when I saw it. A rotted tree had fallen over and the bottle was sticking out of the dirt around the root ball.

This is from Rieck Dairy Company which is from Pittsburgh. Awesome little bottle. The thing is crazy thick and in excellent shape. Stands 5.5” tall.

https://mycompanies.fandom.com/wiki/Edward_E._Rieck_Company

Has a nice wide mouth so will probably get filled with coins.

Attachments

• B4309DD8-5C22-4F32-B427-00C90D4B3989.jpg
    B4309DD8-5C22-4F32-B427-00C90D4B3989.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 505
  • 99CB71AB-3C82-4B41-9B8C-0FA1AC32A305.jpg
    99CB71AB-3C82-4B41-9B8C-0FA1AC32A305.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 491
  • 632FC961-28BE-450D-AE03-BF523A5EC533.jpg
    632FC961-28BE-450D-AE03-BF523A5EC533.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 491
That's a cool find. Can't believe the condition! Nice save from the dirt.

Ken

nice find - I'm old enough that I can remember when the milk at school came in those half pint bottles. I think in third grade they switched to paper cartons.

Coolness! I’m a child of the 60’s and I remember the milkman delivered milk to the door, in bottles.

Coolness! I’m a child of the 60’s and I remember the milkman delivered milk to the door, in bottles.

When I was a younger we were still getting milk delivered but it came in a square plastic jug that I believe they used to return/reuse. We had an insulated galvanized “milk box” outside our front door. I think I might have just missed glass bottles although we still had glass soda bottles for a while when I was kid.

Was certainly a different time and it’s always cool when you find a small piece of history.

When I was a younger we were still getting milk delivered but it came in a square plastic jug that I believe they used to return/reuse. We had an insulated galvanized “milk box” outside our front door. I think I might have just missed glass bottles although we still had glass soda bottles for a while when I was kid.

Was certainly a different time and it’s always cool when you find a small piece of history.

Milk seemed to taste better coming outta the glass bottle.

Any hint of a date code on the bottom?

Milk seemed to taste better coming outta the glass bottle.

Any hint of a date code on the bottom?

On the left is a 7 in the middle is a triangle with an “N” in it and to the right of that 40.

One other thing I was curious about is the word “Registered “ on the one side of the bottle. The capacity is listed on the other side.

Checked the 2 main glass bottle marks sites but not seeing anything with that description, but the 40 is possibly the 2-digit year. "Registered" is usually on most all milk bottles back then.

Back
Top Bottom