What I love about MD'ing....

FL-Hunter

Forum Supporter
To me Metal Detecting is going out somewhere, looking for that awesome find of a lifetime. I swing that coil knowing I am going to locate a target, I'm going to dig it up but you never know what your going to get.

It's almost like digging your hands into that holiday grab bag at work. You know your getting something, but you never know what it is till you pick it out and unwrap it.

I must have a disease, call it Gold Fever or something else, but I can't stop thinking about my next hunt and what I'm going to find!

To me Metal Detecting is going out somewhere, looking for that awesome find of a lifetime. I swing that coil knowing I am going to locate a target, I'm going to dig it up but you never know what your going to get.

It's almost like digging your hands into that holiday grab bag at work. You know your getting something, but you never know what it is till you pick it out and unwrap it.

I must have a disease, call it Gold Fever or something else, but I can't stop thinking about my next hunt and what I'm going to find!

I think we all do... I mean everytime my GT sounds off midtone I think I got another gold for my collection only to see a crappy pulltab in the bottom of my scoop ;)

I think it's the same thing I like about fishing. You just don't know what the next "bite" might be.

I still don't care much for fishing. To me that's boring, you pay money for hooks, bait, lures, weights, line, poles etc, then you either catch nothing, loose all your stuff in the water, get it stuck on the bottom of the water, get your line tangled with someone elses, and then have to pay to fish in some places like the pier and to top things off, you have to pay for a fishing license. Anyway, that's my take on fishing, but I enjoy watching my little boy fish. I can't remember the last time I lost a coil, or something MD'ing.:lol:

Not knocking fishing, I know it's a huge sport out there and most normal people love it, but I never claim to be normal.:lol:

I think that's what keeps all of us swinging our coils... it's the mysterious unknown of what that next spot will bring!! :shock:

I still don't care much for fishing. To me that's boring, you pay money for hooks, bait, lures, weights, line, poles etc, then you either catch nothing, loose all your stuff in the water, get it stuck on the bottom of the water, get your line tangled with someone elses, and then have to pay to fish in some places like the pier and to top things off, you have to pay for a fishing license. Anyway, that's my take on fishing, but I enjoy watching my little boy fish. I can't remember the last time I lost a coil, or something MD'ing.:lol:

Not knocking fishing, I know it's a huge sport out there and most normal people love it, but I never claim to be normal.:lol:

You better hope you never lose something MD'ing! Cause if you do, and you say something on this board, you'll NEVER live it down!:lol: Unless of course it was made of plastic! The thrill of the hunt is my juice, finding is like icing on the perfect cake. Dutch

You better hope you never lose something MD'ing! Cause if you do, and you say something on this board, you'll NEVER live it down!:lol: Unless of course it was made of plastic! The thrill of the hunt is my juice, finding is like icing on the perfect cake. Dutch

Hate to say it, but the last time I was in the water, I almost lost my Vibra Probe pin pointer. Thank goodness They FLOAT!!!!!!!! Got to get a strap and tether it to my belt. Sitting in that carrier it comes with works fine when your out of the water, the gravity keeps it there, but get in the water and it wants to float up on out of there. Yeah, I took that sucker off real quick and had my Wife hold onto it for me while I went back in the water. That would have been a devastating loss! Like I said, thank goodness they float and the bright yellow really stands out in the ocean.

To me detecting is like playing a scratchers ticket just without paying 5 bucks for it. Though I do pay for gas and batteries usually the benefits outway the cost.

HH Michael

Back
Top Bottom