Question for those who have had Covid

medicchief

Forum Supporter
I contracted COVID-19 back in October and have recovered now (for the most part). I have noticed that now I am smelling something like a stale cigarette. I don't smoke and not around it. I don't smell it all the time, but it is noticeable and it's not just in one environment, it hits me elsewhere too. What's strange is that my wife has noticed the same thing (she had it as well) with her sense of smell and didn't say anything until I brought it up today. Does anyone else have the same issue? I did lose my sense of taste and smell with the virus, but have finally gotten my sense of taste back for the most part. Thanks for any input!

I went through having covid with just a sinus drain and energy loss. But I never had that smell issue, haven't heard of it either. Very strange.

** Looking online there's diagnosable conditions for phantom smells.

I always lose my sense of taste and smell when I’m stuffed up with a cold. Last Feb I had all the symptoms including cough. Smelled cigs too, but I was smoking throughout the entire ordeal so...

I lost my sense of smell on day 3 of having Covid. It gradually came back with no side effects though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure that I had Covid as early as Feb 2020, but was never tested, since that cost $160 then. I was surely over the hump, but my loss of smell and taste lasted months. I would literally go 36 hours without eating, and then MAKE myself eat something near bedtime since I slept terribly. A single slice of bread rolled around a hot dog, and even then, I threw away half of it. It was after August 2020 before I started to smell and taste. I was soon chowing down food like a teenager.

It just seemed stupid for the govt to not give free tests for Covid and then track who you'd been around if you indeed tested positive. NOPE, this system we have over a pandemic has been simply a big blunder IMPO.

I am sure that I had Covid as early as Feb 2020, but was never tested, since that cost $160 then. I was surely over the hump, but my loss of smell and taste lasted months. I would literally go 36 hours without eating, and then MAKE myself eat something near bedtime since I slept terribly. A single slice of bread rolled around a hot dog, and even then, I threw away half of it. It was after August 2020 before I started to smell and taste. I was soon chowing down food like a teenager.

It just seemed stupid for the govt to not give free tests for Covid and then track who you'd been around if you indeed tested positive. NOPE, this system we have over a pandemic has been simply a big blunder IMPO.

I had to force myself to eat as well. Like you, I typically just ate prior to bedtime. I already had enough problems sleeping, only to be compounded by COVID. So the question now is, do we still want to get the vaccine? I've donated antibody plasma 3 times and know I have the antibody, but the plasma center wouldn't give me any documentation stating I do!! The antibody test cost $100 and insurance doesn't cover it (my primary care doctor). The third time I donated I almost coded, felt very ill and passed out. Blood pressure dropped to nothing. Needless to say, my antibody plasma donations ended! They said I could come back if I had a full cardiac workup, but I said no thanks!!! I think I may skip the vaccination for now and let someone else get it that needs it more than I. Too many unknowns with the virus and vaccine!

Back
Top Bottom