Usps

Nobody understands unless they work there, which I do. Nobody understands with covid going on that a lot of places are running on 30-40% work force. Nobody understands that we as carriers have nothing to do with what’s happening at the plants. It’s a shame the USPS is getting such a bad name for things that are basically out of our control. People staying home BECAUSE OF COVID are ordering and ordering and ordering. Parcels are up 150% with our work force being down 60-70%. Could any one of your businesses you work for succeed? Don’t mean to gripe I just get tired of hearing it over and over and over again. I do my job the best I can, I feel a lot of people don’t really appreciate what we do. Out there today in knee deep snow while hardly anyone plowed or shoveled. Just a shame people don’t appreciate our job.

I have no issues with my regular carrier. He does a good job.

However, as for some of the substitutes, that's another matter entirely. One of the worst was a guy who rather than knock on the door, just put the delivery attempt slip in with the letters. I caught him, and he had to go back to the truck to get my package (he didn't bother to carry them with him, he just pre-filled out the pink slips; makes it faster to go through his route, I guess).

I get it. They are overworked. However, that doesn't excuse the misdelivered mail. If I get that missing letter late, fine. My issue is that supposedly, it was in the custody of my post office (or whoever took the photos) on 12/14 and has now disappeared. Late is acceptable. Disappeared is not.

I have no doubt that you do the best you can. I also have no doubt that like the rest of us, you work with some dimbulbs, which nobody can control.

By the way, I always attempt to clear my walk after a snow storm when it's light enough to see to do so.

-- Tom

Update: The envelope, mailed 12/9/2020 from Albany, scheduled for delivery 12/14/2020, finally arrived today (1/5/2021). No explanation available. If it makes any difference, ZIP+4 was used and was correct.

-- Tom

This is my current wait.....

Shipped 12/21 from Kansas City

Departed Kansas 12/24

Arrived in Philly 1/4

Now delayed getting to Harrisburg then to Lewistown.

I could have made the 5 hour round trip and picked it up myself.

Ordered a package from Ohio December 5 still not here. Ordered one from Ohio A week later came in 4 days go figure. Near as I can tail the first one is still sitting at the post office.

With any luck the usps will fold , as ita just another example on why the govt shouldnt run anything ..

Just shut down the usps and get it over with

Good luck on the clock 🤣
If its anything like the last chinese electronics i had purchased....dont rely on getting to work on time!

KT certainly understands...so far it is keeping good time, accurate to my Royal Chinese $9 wrist watch!:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Today a package arrived shipped in the USA by the USPO Priority Mail. The box was crushed, one end was completely opened, the other just barely holding together, but the small item was still inside and undamaged, wrapped in some packing paper. Obviously the USPO drop kicked this package across the country....and it was shipped from Ohio just 3 days ago, so no excuses about the Christmas rush. Brother!

Ordered a package from Ohio December 5 still not here. Ordered one from Ohio A week later came in 4 days go figure. Near as I can tail the first one is still sitting at the post office.

I ordered an item on Ebay that came from Michigan on December 20th. it didn't arrive until January 19th, basically a month from the day it was ordered. The item had tracking which showed that it was sitting in some town in Michigan somewhere doing nothing for almost a month.

I heard this weekend that there are MILLIONS of packages sitting in the Philadelphia hub waiting to be sorted.

I received a birthday card that was mailed Dec 31. It showed up January 25. Five hundred miles of travel in almost a month. The pony express could have gotten it here quicker.

Back
Top Bottom