Raised from the dead

hoser

Forum Supporter
One of my hobbies is buying old non working mechanical clocks. I then try to breathe life back in them. Some I have been successful with a few just were a non happener. Those I usually stick a Quartz movement in. Today I started on a 1980 schoolhouse This is todays project. clock with Westminster Chime movement. It has a Franz Hermle movement in it which is a better grade clock. It took me better part of the day but it now resides on the wall and works just fine. I love old clocks. They are fun to work on, and when you finally get one to work its a great reward. I have twelve of them running in the house and it keeps me hopping trying to keep them in sync.

Attachments

• 20210115_160339 (1).jpg
    20210115_160339 (1).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 205
  • 20210115_185337.jpg
    20210115_185337.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 199
Thanks. I have always been intrigued by old time pieces. Just the thought of a clock that might be from an old family farm, a railroad station, general store, or the local school house in an old town and wonder what they have seen over the years they were in service is awesome to me. Ok so ya'll know my love for clocks, and something that gets me is when you are watching a tv show, movie, or series such as the ones on Hallmark and there is a pendulum clock on the wall or floor clock, why is the thing not running.:impatient: I know, only I would zero in on something like that.:p:lol:

Back
Top Bottom