• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Crazy Clad Day--113 Quarters!

Leave-No-Coins-Behind

Forum Supporter
I went Clad stabbing today at a sports field. Last year I had used my Tejon, whereby I had found like 90 quarters during that main initial prior visit, if I remember correctly.

But today I went with the Equinox, I found 113 quarters. Total of $31.75 in coins. Many of these coins were on edge.

I stayed at this one location but reworked some previous hunted areas but also searched some new with-in areas. I mainly worked the perimeter and outfield area of an old baseball field that is no longer there.

I probably have recovered some 350+ quarters from all my visits to this one location including a couple of mini hunts too.

One usual neat find I had was a trash plastic screw cap that had a quarter hidden in it. See Photos.

Still-in-all, I got a good workout and a few coins to add to the fun! I will be back again to this virgin Clad honey hole.

Thanks for stopping by!

Attachments

• Coins 052618 010.jpg
    Coins 052618 010.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 550
  • Coins 052618 006.jpg
    Coins 052618 006.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 525
  • Coins 052618 007.jpg
    Coins 052618 007.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 525
Curious: Are you using your TID to skip all other coins, in favor of quarters ? I've done that a few times, where clad was so thick (and not old enough for silver coins) that I ended up just only digging quarter signals. Ended up with over 100 quarters doing that on a few occasions.

So are you cherry picking for just quarters ? Or digging all clad ?

The Quarters add up and I'm sure you enjoyed harvesting them. I have also had a couple hunts like this and I know I really enjoyed my experience's in doing so. Trapper

Curious: Are you using your TID to skip all other coins, in favor of quarters ? I've done that a few times, where clad was so thick (and not old enough for silver coins) that I ended up just only digging quarter signals. Ended up with over 100 quarters doing that on a few occasions.

yep yep - wondering the same as well - if it's truly virgin then there must be gold as well. I'd concentrate on the nickels hoping to find the gold while not passing up the quarters...

congrats on the huge clad count - I'm sure you have a method to pop the coins without cutting a full plug....

GL & HH

Thank you!

Wow! Just … wow!

Thanks MoonTzu! Some days I am lucky.

Nice hunt! Congrats on a huge clad haul!

Thanks LandOLincoln! I could hardly put anymore coins in my pouch.

Since the location is target rich, I was most focusing on the high tones. If the tone sounded promising, fluctuating that is, I dug it and usually it was a quarter or a dime or multi. But I also listened for lower nickel tones, and disc out the cents. Perhaps, next time or so, I will dig more of the lower tone/VDIs.

:wow2: That's a super hunt! Congrats!

Thanks Princess! It is nice to find one of this Clad rich locations every now and then. But then again, I will take them anytime.

The Quarters add up and I'm sure you enjoyed harvesting them. I have also had a couple hunts like this and I know I really enjoyed my experience's in doing so. Trapper

Thanks jack&jill! This week alone I probably found like 225 quarters. And most were from locations I had previously hunted. And I am still learning my new machine.

That's a lot of quarters! I'm surprised you didn't find any jewellery.

Thank sandgroper! I am too...but then again, I was focusing on the higher tones and any jewerly in the nickel range this time.

Congrats on all that $$$$!

Thanks twizzerlord! It all adds up too. And what I like about Clad is...just clean, save or spend. There is no sentimental value attached.

yep yep - wondering the same as well - if it's truly virgin then there must be gold as well. I'd concentrate on the nickels hoping to find the gold while not passing up the quarters...

congrats on the huge clad count - I'm sure you have a method to pop the coins without cutting a full plug....

GL & HH

Thanks rob.ream! See Tom's reply. In short, I had in the past found silver jewelry there but no gold. I bang out many of the coins with a "V" shape plug but many were deep 6" to 8" especially the dime so a full plug was made too.

Here's a thought for y'all : Our highest denomination coin in the USA is only .25c (not counting Susan B's, since there's hardly any of them circulating about). So even if you got into a target rich site, and cherry picked quarters at a rapid pace, and managed 100 + in a day : It's still sort of just only for kicks and giggles. I mean, the actual net value isn't more than minimum wage. ($25-ish)

But in Japan, they have $1 coins and $5 coins, that are carried in pockets every bit as commonly as we have dimes and quarters in our pockets. I had a chance to air test all their various denomination coins, and determined that it would be entirely possible to notch in and cherry pick the $1's and the $5s. As they have a distinct section on the detector's TID graph.

And while I know that doesn't do any good for jewelry hunting on the beach (where all TID bets are off), yet I wonder if there's any modern places, riddled with "clad" there, that it might be worthwhile to just angle only for their $1s and $5s ? Imagine getting 100 of those in a day. Hmmm.

And the buying power is about the same as here. Eg.: a $5 gets you a subway sandwich, or a premium beer, etc....

Nice work! Love a hefty pouch full of quarters! The one in the cap makes me wonder if it was put in there, just got stuck in there in a pocket of change, or did they come together in an underground cosmic coincidence?

That's crazy !!!
What a run . Wowđź‘€

Thanks Dewsweeper! If I not finding the silver, I go for the clad.

Holy Smoke that is a lot of clad !!! Congrats on the super haul.

Thanks precadore! These past couple of months have been crazy finding clad since I being using the Nox.

Holy !!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Thanks Lil Worm6! It was a go test run to see if my machine still works.

Nice work! Love a hefty pouch full of quarters! The one in the cap makes me wonder if it was put in there, just got stuck in there in a pocket of change, or did they come together in an underground cosmic coincidence?

Thanks Foragist! Sometimes I just have to hit the clad buffet line. I think a child had probably placed it in cap. This is the second one I found that way.

That's crazy!!

Thanks DigDeepNow! The soil conditions were right and the field was not being used which helped alot.

Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom