Detecting Pounded Sites Is Really Fun But Not Too Rewarding

beephead

Elite Member
I was swinging away at 6:30 this morning to beat the heat. I decided to give the Deeptech Warrior a try at a pounded site that wasn't on a busy and noisy street. It was smooth sailing and it was a lot of fun, but I didn't find anything worth mentioning. I found that the Warrior works best with the Deus wired Backphones and not running it at full throttle.

At the second site I decided to use my Deus with my homemade full cup headphones that have the Deus speakers installed. They knock out most all of the surrounding noise and give a clean crisp audio tone. I needed those because the site was located on a busy street. I've hunted this site numerous times before.

My first target was a V Nickel, it gave a funky audio and bouncy ID numbers. It might have been on edge. This is my 3rd or 4th V Nickel for the year. My next target was a gold plated earring with fake diamonds. It sure sounded good though. My third good target was a piece of sterling silver. I was somewhat surprised when I got a 93 ID number and soft audio tone, because I couldn't believe that I could have missed it on previous hunts.

I also found 4 wheat pennies, a few clad coins and a BUNCH of junk. I'm really having fun going back over sites that I've pounded using different detectors and search coils. But it's getting about time for some virgin ground.

beephead

Attachments

• IMG_2267.jpg
    IMG_2267.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_2268.jpg
    IMG_2268.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_2269.jpg
    IMG_2269.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2271.jpg
    IMG_2271.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2272.jpg
    IMG_2272.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_2276.jpg
    IMG_2276.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 188
Wow those are some nice finds there, you killed it with the deus. But I agree we all meed some virgin ground filled with untouched goodies. I like your T handle digger did you mod that or did it come like that?

Great haul man! I have sites like that and they are very challenging to hunt, but finding a few good things off a site you KNOW is pounded is rewarding to me!

Congrats on the nice little haul!
Thanks! I had fun.

Wow those are some nice finds there, you killed it with the deus. But I agree we all meed some virgin ground filled with untouched goodies. I like your T handle digger did you mod that or did it come like that?
Thanks! The T-handle digger is modified with some PVC pipe and JB Weld. I love it!

Congrats on your pounded site finds. It seems we always are able to find a few targets no matter how many times we hunt a site ??
Thanks! I find that do a lot better when I SLOW way down and concentrate. When I get tired I start to get a little sloppy. Most of my best finds are found early in the hunt.

Great haul man! I have sites like that and they are very challenging to hunt, but finding a few good things off a site you KNOW is pounded is rewarding to me!
Thanks! The challenge is the fun part.

beephead

Nice finds! Looks like you faired pretty well for some hammered ground. I still find a few coins at places I've hunted before, although the first few times I've hunted them I was high tone hunting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom