• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ithaca 2018 dust off car show.

trailtwister

Ithaca Mi only show we found for this week end that the threat of rain wasn't so great. Never the less the people who worked to put it on set a rain date, if it did happen to rain, and had a Phone number to call to make sure it was still a go for today.

It was dry and some places even a bit of sun shine driving over. As we turned off M 21 to 127 it started to sprinkle. Closer we got to Ithaca the harder it came down, wipers now set full on slow speed. Kare calls is the show still on despite us beiong about 25 miles away. OH YA he said it is still clear here and there are already a bunch lined up on the street. We drove out of the rain about 5 miles south of town.

We get there and park, Kare goes to sign us in and donate to the fund they asked for while I start from the bottom up cleaning the car, tires are now sparkling black and clean even the tread. As I started the detailing wax it started sprinkling, Lady with Pick up next to use tells hubby they are wasting their time, I keep going as the Lucas detailing wax Dave said was good stuff seemed to work even better with the sprinkles.
I finish shortly after Kare gets back and I tell her she has to do the windows, turns out she doesn't do windows, either do I today, they will have to be good enough.

The fire house, is old and neat for this old farming town.

gQ1HR9X.jpg

Our Buick is looking really good even though no cars are being judged today (sunday).

jp7ZAor.jpg

rQBDlMG.jpg

Our neighbours to the east were traveling as a group so were not real neighborly.

HOdejlH.jpg

HWZUMce.jpg

bmuW1nJ.jpg

vgKNy9S.jpg

:D Al

Last edited:
Grab the camera and start walking down the street taking pictures and seeing veteran owned notices. I say to Kare where did they get those I wonder. She said she would ask the lady at sign in table. Kare said they are putting future show flyers in cars so she went back to open a window so they could put flyers in the Buick. I went and asked the sign in lady about the veteran owned paper. She has me sign in after I showed her my VA ID and told her we had a car there. Start taking pictures of those cars not near us.

I am not going to say what car is what because there were 177 signed in there and I am so old I should have a note book to write down who is who and what is what. Of course so do stick in the memory for a couple of reasons.

afuR4UU.jpg

HS2bIhB.jpg

L8sIHJb.jpg

Oldsmobile Vista Crusier Rug rat hauler. Love the roof window.

mlZHHck.jpg

A beautiful Dodge Diplomat With 4 speed manual trans factory.

hwmfcBu.jpg

eXANroy.jpg

There is always a few for sale also, if your wanting some thing.

DaO8gvv.jpg

1951 Merc, I think the purple grill is really out of a early Buick with the bullets removed.
I have other pictures of it but haven't up loaded them yet.

b0wXsrV.jpg

kvJTgfm.jpg

F20ntpC.jpg

If I remember right this is a Chrysler New Yorker rug rat hauler.

nmPX8jN.jpg

k8e5eiC.jpg

An AMC Rebel SST, easy car to remember as a high school friend owned a AMC JEEP dealer ship where my family bought our Jeeps.

97SjhgY.jpg

A 55 Chevy I do remember because I misspoke about a 56 as a 55 last Friday.

OjJRvzD.jpg

1970's Ford Bronco. My Brother owned a 1972 wagon Brown with white top till our sister rolled it over then it became all brown.

hNPqqSk.jpg

Very Nice older Chevy pick ups. I do believe the box on number 2 is from a newer model.
kWWNfpj.jpg

8Qy6uOF.jpg

This old Fords plumbing is a work of art.
ei1huM7.jpg

YJfXVCz.jpg

Plymouth Fury.

h9xuABz.jpg

Old Chevy.

Uwq9p7y.jpg

I think theyt call these bathtubs on wheels.

0oKAApj.jpg

Are you a biker? Want to go to your grave in style befitting a biker?

wKU7eEg.jpg

Merc.

jaSDzN6.jpg

Hual wood gravel and odds and ends in style. Never lift a finger to unload.

FhqM53x.jpg

EAzjQe9.jpg

Ithaca is farm country and always has been, Pick Ups ruled.

UTn041h.jpg

N8oCLwk.jpg

Nice old rag top.

ygIRuOa.jpg

Desota. Mine was a 1957 with the fins, when I was a young fellow. Lady asked how it was shifted? there is no lever oin the column of the floor. I tell her push buttons on the upper left side of the dash.

BH454Xs.jpg

New Yorker 300.

hW3yk9F.jpg

This beautfuly done truck is a E350 van with a power stroke Diesel with a beautiful new body. While hauling a fith wheel car carrier some clown cut him off in Ohio and the Fith wheel and the truck sort of got tangled I was told.

1WvfB9F.jpg

Couple Cudas.

5f3E2SQ.jpg

Oldsmobile, surprizing so few just north of Lansing home to Oldsmobile.

R7lC4Df.jpg

A Ford F 1 truck.

IpI9qlB.jpg

Light a ladies face up when she says like my car do you? I say is it that one a new (last year made) T bird with a 51 ford front end and rear end kit, her husbands car.

What is it? It is the last style T bird ever built by Ford. Then a Kit was bought that included the front clip and tail section. It was a his car.

if4kFJL.jpg

Hers A 56 T Bird. She said if you know cars well you can see if came from Florida. All Florida cars back then had screens over the grill.

BAB1VuQ.jpg

I like Black cars.

SuqKhkK.jpg

A F2 Ford Truck, Beauty is in the side rail wood work and the bed.

olEC5P3.jpg

c4eCGbf.jpg

I took this picture because every one is going to say this is a Chevy Chevell. Pretty sure it is Canadian

W7rZ0EB.jpg

y623IJp.jpg

Another.

qoFOM9u.jpg

ae0bM6S.jpg

Chevy.

J1taRM1.jpg

I like Oldsmobile cutlasses from the 1965 thru 1980's.

bXIE2RO.jpg

King Corba Fords effert to revive the Mustangs sagging sales.

4BEras5.jpg

My brother had the Mercury version of this Ford, rode great.

BOF92zM.jpg

Plymouth Road Runner.

6O9JvWV.jpg

Metropolitain, what it isn't Aqua colored.

Yh1OXOF.jpg

Several Chevy models. One GMC Sprint.

SDzeIKH.jpg

Ithaca is less than an hour from me. I should go to more of the shows. I wish one of my kids were interested, it would give me a better excuse to go! Beautiful pictures, they made me smile. I too am a fan of the Cutlass, a friend in school had a 72. It was and still is my favorite car.

I always thought those Canadian Beaumonts were interesting.
My fav out of the group is probably the orange road runner -

Thank you for the pictures!

How did this Chevelle get in here. So many at cars shows is about like belly buttons.
cCiOuqE.jpg

Was it the Plymouth that had the Duster, or Dodge?

​​
FaLQAZ6.jpg

One of the Riveria groups cars. I wanted to talk to the owners of the 67 LeSabre behind it. the front looks very close to our 85, bet the head lite bezels would match. they how every were never around when I was looking.

GNAsL7d.jpg
​​
L4WKI5J.jpg
8JX62Sc.jpg
MSJjzyo.jpg

El Camino.

RmJxhLp.jpg

:D Al​​

Pontiac Tempest.

qVihrfM.jpg

Lots of El Camino's there.

mjqw4GH.jpg

What would a car show be with out a rat rod of some sorts?

mKjkKQM.jpg

Another Cogworths twin cam Vega. We were talking about the ones down south east Michigan just days a go. this one wasn't for sale. Were they all black?

g7d2HiS.jpg

This Chevy PU was at Shephard. I like the bed cover.

NQZpRLo.jpg

Olds rag top?

mhwMIaB.jpg

Last edited:
The COE is just the body of one. Every thing else is a E 350 Ford van.

Yeah that is what they do with a lot of them. I got a 56 f100 on a stock frame. A lot of people sit them on a Ford explorer frame. Can be tricky on what you call it depending on the vin # they make you use. They may have to register it as a van:lol:

Nice rides!

I spent yesterday getting DOMINO ready for the first show of the year.

Attachments

• GT500-4.jpg
    GT500-4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 87
  • GT500-5.jpg
    GT500-5.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 84
  • GT500-7.jpg
    GT500-7.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 86
  • GT500-6.jpg
    GT500-6.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 79
There are many more to post.

Lakeview Michigan car show Saturday June 16 2018.
https://us.eventbu.com/lakeview/lakeview-summerfest-car-show-2018/11148022

The COE is just the body of one. Every thing else is a E 350 Ford van.

We usually make it to Lakeview. And Morley. And a few cruise nights here and there. A friend of mine has invited me to take any one of his three classics to a show anytime I want. He has parkinsons and doesn’t get them out much. I really should take him up on it. It would make his day!

Back
Top Bottom