• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Best starter unit for children

Kegracin

I’ve been doing lots of reading, but want an outside opinion. I’m looking for a metal detector and a Pinpointer for my kids. Currently I’m leaning towards the Fisher F22 is there any thing else I should look at? They will be using it in some fields where there where homesteads, and in farm fields. They love collecting rocks and random objects from the fields so this will be right up there ally.

Fisher makes some good units. My first "real" detector was an F2....although I didn't use it much as I never made the time to detect until just recently, and ended upon getting an AT Pro, which is now my go to machine....My son uses either my F2 or my Ace 250 when he goes with me.

Good picks already stated and also look for a low cost Whites Prizm 2, 3 or 4 or Coin Master...Good starter detectors......
Good luck....

Tesoro Compadre is a good one too. And later if they give up on the hobby or move to a more expensive machine, you can use the Compadre yourself and up your gold count. My daughter was 9 when she found a big gold man’s wedding band with the Compadre.

Any one have an opinion about this Minelab GO-FIND 66 I just came across this one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a GoFind that I use as a scout machine, but I've also let my grand nephews use it and it's been good for them. It feels a bit plasticy (is that a word?), but has actually held up very well.

Fairly deep for what it is and better in sand than any settings I've found on my 705.

No bad choices listed here.

I got my first detector (an xterra70) when I was 9 years old. It was easy enough for me to swing, and I figured it out pretty quickly. If your children are younger, then a lighter and more simple machine maybe better, perhaps one of those Go-Find detectors. :)

Why hasn't anyone asked the question, how old, are they smallish, could they handle a larger MD etc. Sort of ridicules to give advice without at least this knowledge..

Oldest is 15 and 6ft tall so really size isn’t a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a new Delta 4000 (2 weeks old) that has only been air tested and put back into the box if interested. Send me a PM and we'll talk terms. Thanks, Ron

Back
Top Bottom