You can get the Equinox 800 in days not months

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.

Attachments

• equinox800small.jpg
    equinox800small.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 883
Last edited:
I had been looking at the Equinox 800 for the past two weeks in the forums and on youtube. I was convinced it was the detector for me. But i was very disappointed on the 2-3 month delay everyone was quoting.

I called a large dealer who I buy things from and he quoted 3-4 months. But then my salesman said just go to the Minelab web site and look up their dealer list and find smaller dealers and call a few of them. The first dealer I contacted had four coming in the next day and 3 spoken for. The second dealer I called had one in stock so I ordered that one. It arrived in perfect condition 2 days later.

It appears that when you call a large dealer they have a large waiting list because they have a large customer base and are very well known through their advertising. These smaller one man/woman shops get the product but have a much smaller waiting list. It seems as if minelabs has some kind of allocation system that treats the small dealers in a fair manner. I won't name my large minelab dealer but he said they had many hundreds of pre-orders they cannot fill because of very limited supply.

My dealer salesman is a good guy and gave me good advice to keep me happy. That sure makes me want to continue to order from him if he has the product I am looking for.

On the minelab dealer page there are about 150 dealer email addresses. Just find the smaller dealers in the different states and shoot them an email asking if they have the 800 in stock. If so whip out your charge card and be a very happy customer in 2-3 days.

Congrats on the quick acquisition! FWIW, in late March I tried this and not one US dealer had them in stock. ALL dealers gave me a 6-12 week lead time. Now that it is two months later, many of the dealers have fulfilled their shipments....its different now.

Cabelas

I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.

There is one for sale in the Toronto area. Barely used. The guy can’t get rid of it here in Canada. It might work like a champ for US coins, but it’s not good with ours here in Canada, unless you’re prepared to dig it all.

I am on a few lists. None of the dealers are very optimistic, estimating 2-3 months. I also check Cabelas routinely; the past couple weeks they list only the Nox 600. This morning the Nox 800 is listed as well. I don't know what this means, its possibly a online catalogue glitch, or they may have gotten a new group of 800s in to sell. So I am trying, and will update if I get anymore info about the development.

My order from this morning says it has shipped. But now the website indicates no more available online. Guess they went fast.

I tried what the OP suggested and looked up ML dealers in my area +/- 100 miles. I called a few and got put on a few more lists and was told anywhere from two weeks to four months wait time. Then I found a True Value Hardware that also served as an authorized ML dealer, and it was only about 45 minutes away. I called and actually got a very helpful employee that said they'd only received two Eq800's in the last few months. I asked if she had a list of people waiting and she said no, and asked if I wanted to be the first on the list. I said heck ya. That was last Saturday, as in four days ago. She called me today to say that my Eq800 had arrived and was waiting for me!

Its going to be a fund weekend getting some swing time on a new machine, I'm stoked.

Yes this is how I got mine in 2 weeks. 1 week calling most small dealers and 1 week waiting on the ups man. And I didn't pay retail and got a killer deal.

A lot of folks were thinking that the Big dealer would get a lot of the machines ahead of the little guys who mostly sell detectors as a hobby. At one time one of the big dealers had over 300 folks on a prepaid waiting list for the 800. The big dealer had over 300 thousand dollars for months interest free.

I prefer to deal with the smaller dealers who treat their customers like I treated mine in the sporting goods business for 14 years.

You could get one today if you know the right person. Just sayin.
HH, Phileq800s.jpg

eq600s.jpg

Back
Top Bottom