• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Big surprise revisited

BLOODHOUND1970

I was determined to find a setting on the Nox that would hit that 9 inch dime if it could be done in my soil. I don't understand why but in Park 2 (and every other preset program) with every combination of ground balance, swing speed, iron bias, recovery speed, every sensitivity setting from 15-25 and I could not get a dime response. BUT I found a combination that will nail it every time and ID it in the right range every time, as I said, I don't know why but it works. The settings are as follows: Field 1, recovery 1 of 2 will hit it, iron bias 0, two tones, ground balance @ 0 or manual made no difference in my soil, sensitivity 22-25 as EMI and ground will allow. This combo slams the dime AND even allows for a little coil lift (inch or less). The good tone I can understand somewhat but the VDI change blows me a away. I also notched out all the way to 18 and get the same results. If this holds true in the field it will be the silver slammer program for the Nox, not gold, or every copper and not the best settings for extreme trash but a deep silver killer in my soil. Discussion is welcome.:grin:

Last edited:
Nice post! I'm going to see how deep my Nox can get in red clay as soon as I can get some time. What is the soil like where you are in N.C.?

BCD

I have a feeling that some that are not getting any depth might be making a mistake i made at first. If you put in zero for GB make sure the little symbol is on that indicates you using tracking. Ground can change up on you quick or it does here anyway. I can go from solid clay to nice loamy soil in a matter of feet.

I have a feeling that some that are not getting any depth might be making a mistake i made at first. If you put in zero for GB make sure the little symbol is on that indicates you using tracking. Ground can change up on you quick or it does here anyway. I can go from solid clay to nice loamy soil in a matter of feet.

I used both tracking on and off, it was not needed for this test because it was testing for one spot, one dime in the same dirt. Ground balanced to that dirt and or @ zero tracking on or off made no difference but tracking may make a difference in the field where like you said ground conditions can change in a matter of feet. Good tip Trashfinder!

This is good info. I have not used field modes much as park2 hit silver coins the best in my test garden. I have found some deep silver in my parks as well. But if I can hit even deeper silver in field mode that would be great. I will have to give that a try at some older sites.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was determined to find a setting on the Nox that would hit that 9 inch dime if it could be done in my soil. I don't understand why but in Park 2 (and every other preset program) with every combination of ground balance, swing speed, iron bias, recovery speed, every sensitivity setting from 15-25 and I could not get a dime response. BUT I found a combination that will nail it every time and ID it in the right range every time, as I said, I don't know why but it works. The settings are as follows: Field 1, recovery 1 of 2 will hit it, iron bias 0, two tones, ground balance @ 0 or manual made no difference in my soil, sensitivity 22-25 as EMI and ground will allow. This combo slams the dime AND even allows for a little coil lift (inch or less). The good tone I can understand somewhat but the VDI change blows me a away. I also notched out all the way to 18 and get the same results. If this holds true in the field it will be the silver slammer program for the Nox, not gold, or every copper and not the best settings for extreme trash but a deep silver killer in my soil. Discussion is welcome.:grin:

What tones were you using? And did you get nothing with higher recovery speeds? This is what I like about the nox: Changing modes changes the frequency weightings so it's like having multiple detectors...you just have to keep trying different modes and settings.

Edit: I see you have a 600 so speed 2 is basically like 4 on the 800. I was thinking of speed 1 and 2 as you said in 800 speeds which is really slow.

What tones were you using? And did you get nothing with higher recovery speeds? This is what I like about the nox: Changing modes changes the frequency weightings so it's like having multiple detectors...you just have to keep trying different modes and settings.

Edit: I see you have a 600 so speed 2 is basically like 4 on the 800. I was thinking of speed 1 and 2 as you said in 800 speeds which is really slow.

Two tones. Have you tried this set up yet NCtoad?

Two tones. Have you tried this set up yet NCtoad?

I tried it for just a little today at an old school that's near me. First time I really spent any time in field 1. I had it in 5 tones with 11,12, and 13 set at 20 pitch and 22 and up at 25 pitch. Didn't find much, but will have to try it again at a more productive site. This is the closet public site to me and I've never found a silver coin there.

Back
Top Bottom