First Time Out With The Deeptech Warrior

OK, what I found for that "Thanks for the buggy ride" pin.
Original small 7/8" long auto pin with enamel decoration has some wear to wheel hub coloration and nick to blue enamel towards back end above fender. Pin and clutch on back is old and appears to be original. There may be some relationship to a song that was popular in 1926 that was called Thanks For The Buggy Ride.

That was the first reference to the pin. Then I found an ad for the 1930 Marmon automobile. it looks EXACTLY LIKE that pin.
My theory is that the "Thanks for the buggy ride" pin could have been a freebie, given out when someone test drove the Marmon. The 1926 song would have been recent enough that the Marmon used it for the sales appeal.
Sage(In my brand new Oldsmobile!)Grouse

Always a bonus when gold shows up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I still get a big rush when I see gold in the hole.

Nice finds.
Yep, the warrior will definitely get down there. Even in worse ground too.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! It's got the power and is faster than greased lightening.

That cufflink is awesome!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Thanks! It surprised me when it popped out of the ground.

OK, what I found for that "Thanks for the buggy ride" pin.
Original small 7/8" long auto pin with enamel decoration has some wear to wheel hub coloration and nick to blue enamel towards back end above fender. Pin and clutch on back is old and appears to be original. There may be some relationship to a song that was popular in 1926 that was called Thanks For The Buggy Ride.

That was the first reference to the pin. Then I found an ad for the 1930 Marmon automobile. it looks EXACTLY LIKE that pin.
My theory is that the "Thanks for the buggy ride" pin could have been a freebie, given out when someone test drove the Marmon. The 1926 song would have been recent enough that the Marmon used it for the sales appeal.
Sage(In my brand new Oldsmobile!)Grouse

Thanks for the research! The site where I found it was built around 1925.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom