I can believe....

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
I ate the whole thing.....1 and 3/4 pound of good ol' American beef (Porterhouse).

I stopped smoking over a week ago, and this was my pat on the back to myself :D

Oh, and yep, I ate if off a paper plate using plastic silverware, same as everything else I eat.

Attachments

• P5250015.JPG
    P5250015.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 145
  • P5260017.JPG
    P5260017.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 136
Nice, congrats on a week...

There's a lot left on that thing.. I'd eat all that with a salad and a loaded potato...:D

<°)))>{

I ate the whole thing.....1 and 3/4 pound of good ol' American beef (Porterhouse).

Oh, and yep, I ate if off a paper plate using plastic silverware, same as everything else I eat.

The only thing that would have made it better was an after meal smoke!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: I'm KIDDING!!!! As a former smoker, I understand the 1 week milestone. Stay strong. Congrats!

As with others, way to go on the smoking thing. No matter how you did it, cold turkey, or with help, it's a big life step to stop. I'm at two years now, and I was lucky enough that a bout of the flu triggered the mindset needed to quit cold turkey.

I will say that if that's not your normal sized meal, you might want to stop patting yourself on the back like that. I'm still carrying 25-30 pounds more than when I quit. Somehow, your food intake seems to increase without the nicotine.

Roger

Congrats on the quitting. Now all you have to do is give up the red meat!
I love steak but haven’t had any for almost 2 years, now all I have to do is give up the smokes. :cool:

Thanks all for the congrats!

I've smoked off and on the biggest part of my life. I've quit before, for years at a time, cold turkey. Seems like something comes-along to restart the desire....surgery, divorce, something.

While this wasn't a "normal" meal for me, however I normally eat what most would consider "abnormal" amounts. I have a high metabolism, and have always pretty much eaten what I wanted. Sure, there was a time I was hooked on 1 pound chocolate bars, and I started porking-up a bit, so I stopped eating them, and dropped back down.

I was in my mid 40's, 6'3, 215 pounds at 11% bodyfat, and that was consuming nearly 10,000 calories a day.

I've actually started dropping weight again, I was around 230, and am already 2" smaller on my waist size (had to buy new short pants and belt), but am getting a little exercise and eating better.

Wasn't much left on that bone other than fat and gristle....I can give a turkey buzzard a run for his money :laughing:

I was in my mid 40's, 6'3, 215 pounds at 11% bodyfat, and that was consuming nearly 10,000 calories a day.

I've actually started dropping weight again, I was around 230, and am already 2" smaller on my waist size (had to buy new short pants and belt), but am getting a little exercise and eating better.

OK.....I hate you, and I dare say I speak for a few others, too.:p
Got a friend like you.....can eat abnormal amounts of almost anything, and not gain. Chips, chocolate bars, ice cream, etc. I've told him that I hate him, too. One year, he picked up a five pound chocolate bar from a local Amish store, just before Christmas, and had it all gone by the new year.:lol: It was kinda comical, really. He'd get that thing out of the 'fridge, and gnaw on it like a dog with a bone for a bit, then put it back for later.

Wasn't much left on that bone other than fat and gristle....I can give a turkey buzzard a run for his money :laughing:
Wife will do that with a good T-bone cut. I gave her a hard time about us not being quite that destitute, yet.

Roger

OK.....I hate you, and I dare say I speak for a few others, too.:p
Got a friend like you.....can eat abnormal amounts of almost anything, and not gain. Chips, chocolate bars, ice cream, etc. I've told him that I hate him, too. One year, he picked up a five pound chocolate bar from a local Amish store, just before Christmas, and had it all gone by the new year.:lol: It was kinda comical, really. He'd get that thing out of the 'fridge, and gnaw on it like a dog with a bone for a bit, then put it back for later.

Wife will do that with a good T-bone cut. I gave her a hard time about us not being quite that destitute, yet.

Roger

I came from a pretty good ancestry/gene pool. No real disease that I'm aware of, mom developed a tumor on her organs, refused to go to the Dr, by the time she did it was too late, she passes in her mid-60's. Dad was a month shy of 90, and still getting around well on his own, though was slowing-down the last few months of his life. I figure no sense in pressing my luck however.

I always figured my eating would catch-up with me one day, weight wise, but never did, another aspect I should change before it does.

Chocolate? I can't buy it, and am best to stay slap out of that isle. I could eat 2 pounds of chocolate in 20 minutes. If I buy any, it'll be gone that day. Same with ice cream, 1/2 gallon.....gone. The ice cream seemed to stay with me a bit longer than the chocolate, so it and the shakes/malts got severely limited.

I admit, I feel better when I take better care of myself. Going to go look at a bicycle maybe, but haven't ridden since the knee replacement, so not sure about that.

Back
Top Bottom