No 'Nox Manual? No problem!!

DorkyDeric

I think it's pretty annoying that Minelab does not want to send a manual with their Equinox MD's. I had to use the resources of my poor job :laughing: to make my own copy, but check it out, pretty sweet, eh? I get that you can download it and have the pdf version on your phone or print the whole thing out (which I did and it is totally unmanageable) but those options aren't really all that practical, especially when you are trying to learn the machine and you need to go through the book often. So, I had to get creative and come up with my own. I know, poor me, right? lol. Anyways, just wanted to share my hard work and my anal dedication to making the perfect pocket size book to take along with me when I am out hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_5404.jpg
    IMG_5404.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 402
  • IMG_5411.jpg
    IMG_5411.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 326
Lol, well, I had to do the same. But we also have a binding machine so mine looks one step nicer than those squeeze clips, lol

I feel.im getting old, I much prefer the hardcopy to electronic. Bwhahhahaha

They seriously don't send an Owner/User Manual with a new detector?

They don't send a manual with a CTX either. It cost about twice as much as Nox.
They do send a start up guide. Just like one gets with Nox.

Btw, Xp depending, a purchase may not get updated manual (version wise) for Deus unit they purchase.

Could happen with Nokta Impact too.

Welcome to the Internet world.

Any updatable detector really applies here as far as getting spot on manual for detector model.

To the op here.
Nice job on your manual.

I have the PDF on my phone, easy enough, even though you said that you didn't like that, I find it suitable. Really don't look at it much, this detector is pretty straightforward.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I printed one out too. I used a 3 hole punch and some rivets from my leather working supplies to bind at together. I might download it to my phone too. I really prefer reading psper than digital print though.

nice job on the manual.

To me about 95% of the manual is unimportant or something experienced detectorists should already be familiar with. Only a few pages contained operation and settings information that I needed to learn so I got by with just printing out a few pages and that saved a lot of printer ink. If I ever have to go back in for something else its bookmarked on my computer.

Buy just about any new piece of electronics and there is No Printed Manual. I just purchased a new GPS for the car (I don't have a smart phone) and the sealed box came with the unit and charging cord. No manual No instructions of any kind.

Seems that just about all the manufacturers have decided to quit shipping a manual as the cost of printing in all the different languages in the world has to cost a small fortune

Buy just about any new piece of electronics and there is No Printed Manual. I just purchased a new GPS for the car (I don't have a smart phone) and the sealed box came with the unit and charging cord. No manual No instructions of any kind.

Seems that just about all the manufacturers have decided to quit shipping a manual as the cost of printing in all the different languages in the world has to cost a small fortune

I just bought a $20 electronic bathroom scale, it came with a manual....printed in 2 different languages.

ETA: It will make the rest of the scales obsolete :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom