Clive James Clynick book on the equinox question

maxxkatt

Forum Supporter
has anyone read The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”

by Clive James Clynick?

is it worth the purchase price ?

I don't need book with general metal detecting info for 80% of the book and 20% on the Equinox.

has anyone read The Minelab Equinox: “From Beginner to Advanced”

by Clive James Clynick?

is it worth the purchase price ?

I don't need book with general metal detecting info for 80% of the book and 20% on the Equinox.

Yup. Check your PMs

Worth it ..but

Its worth it ---but..
- its 5.5 x 8 inches with small font
- should have had someone proof read it for typos (page 1 even has a typo)
- unlike Minelab user manual, he did not take the time to indicate portions that only apply to 800.

For $15 or $20 can't go wrong. Never read this book but read some others. Worst case scenario it's bathroom reading material

probably self-published. Lot of self-publishers try to self-edit. Not a good idea. but I can overlook typos etc if the info is accurate. small type is a !!!!! for us older guys. But I have some readers I use for coin work that are 4.0's and are ok for small print as long as you keep your eyes focused on the page.

My Book

Thanks for the reviews, guys--some even after the fact! I don't write from the point of expert--more learner. More of an expert pesterer... Glad it's helped some. Hey please don't judge me by my first 50 copies--I've gotten the typos out and screamed at the printer about the font. Now for an advanced Volume 2--Im taking tips and best practices. Can't wait to read it myself...
Good Luck Detecting,
clive

Love those Haters!

Totally amazing how many choose to run down my book sight unseen. I guess if you have haters it means that people are paying attention. Here's my favorite:

"CJC... crawl back into your hole. quit trying to make a profit off of info that is already out there. You are not credible to any of us.
Gary from Oregon

Back in reality, there are reviews from people who have actually read the book at my site.
cjc

I especially liked how you did your best holding back from lambasting some of the self-proclaimed gurus making videos on the Nox.

I find the 800 a hot and fast machine.
It's intriguing that the 800 is a faster (albiet by a small margin), machine than the 600. Oddly, Ive learned to actually lower the recovery speed in some instances, to help with ID accuracy.

Totally amazing how many choose to run down my book sight unseen. I guess if you have haters it means that people are paying attention. Here's my favorite:

"CJC... crawl back into your hole. quit trying to make a profit off of info that is already out there. You are not credible to any of us.
Gary from Oregon

Back in reality, there are reviews from people who have actually read the book at my site.
cjc

I don't understand that either. You wrote a book with lots of useful info that is much easier to read than trying to find credible info on the forums. Thanks!

Worth It

Helped me a lot, lots of hands on experience by a smart guy that can get his points across.

Thanks!

glad you are enjoying the book. When I got my first Sov every related post line got read about 50 times. A book--would have been great! Good Luck Clive
I got it found it very helpful and I'm still reading it over and over.

Thanks!

Helped me a lot, lots of hands on experience by a smart guy that can get his points across.
Thanks kindly for your comments, Backwater. Be sure to get the hang of that G2 mode--lot of tone of info and learning to be had with it IMHO. Really shows what the machine will do.
Good Luck Clive

Thanks for the reviews, guys--some even after the fact! I don't write from the point of expert--more learner. More of an expert pesterer... Glad it's helped some. Hey please don't judge me by my first 50 copies--I've gotten the typos out and screamed at the printer about the font. Now for an advanced Volume 2--Im taking tips and best practices. Can't wait to read it myself...
Good Luck Detecting,
clive
I've got a copy coming this Friday. If it ends up being one of those first 50 copies, with the typos and small font, might there be a way to setup an exchange for one of the corrected versions?

Thanks kindly for your comments, Backwater. Be sure to get the hang of that G2 mode--lot of tone of info and learning to be had with it IMHO. Really shows what the machine will do.
Good Luck Clive

I've been wanting this book since I got my 800...hopefully going to order it soon since I didn't get one for Christmas :( It will make great winter reading/learning material

Its worth it ---but..
- its 5.5 x 8 inches with small font
- should have had someone proof read it for typos (page 1 even has a typo)
- unlike Minelab user manual, he did not take the time to indicate portions that only apply to 800.

Yes, I have since read the book and the follow up one "Advanced".

there are some typo's, but one both books are in my opinion packed with some really good Equinox hints, tips and techniques from someone who is experienced about detecting in general and many different types of detectors and hunts.

If you want to really up your ocean beach game then learn how to read a beach by buying some of his ocean beach books.

Gary from Oregon

cjc

from a person that is jealous that you are trying to inform people and make money? or one of your not so friendly metal detecting author? Rather harsh, says more about the poster than your books in my opinion.

Yes a lot of what is in all metal detecting books is on the many metal detecting forums. DUH? Every single good reference book in the world is based on other's work. I have multiple technical book review web sites that I run, and this is a fact of life about non-fiction books.

But having it in a book form where you can read it in comfort and underline and high lite the good stuff is my idea of learning. Maybe some love to learn off the cell phone's small screen or PC. Not me, get comfortable with a beer or glass of wine, no wife or grandkids in the room, with some good rock music on the stereo and have my favorite dog sleeping beside me is the best and most enjoyable way to really learn something I am really interested about.

I have read 3 of Clive's books and have not been disappointed at all, just the opposite. I have learned a lot about what I am interested in from his books. They are packed with information about what the title promises. They are not filled with generalized 101 metal detecting fluff and nice pictures to run up the page count. I find that after I have studied one of his books it is marked up a lot with underlines, highlights from my favorite florescent yellow highlighter and numerous astericks and stars. Actually kind of hard to find some lines not so marked.

I've got a copy coming this Friday. If it ends up being one of those first 50 copies, with the typos and small font, might there be a way to setup an exchange for one of the corrected versions?

Keep in mind the early copies with typo become collectors' items.

Back
Top Bottom