XLT Screen

Silversmith45

Elite Member
The screen on my XLT has started to get lines through it and is hard to read. Does anyone know how much Whites would charge to replace it. I sent them an email and never got a reply.

screen

I had mine replaced a couple of years ago, don`t remember now what it cost, was reasonable if I remember right. Best thing to do is call Whites
1-800-547-6911

Good question...Since the XLT is no longer produced hope they didnt run out of replacement screen stock....Let us know what you find out....

I have sent two emails through their web site but so far I have yet to receive an answer. Makes me wonder how fast their repair service will be.

Not sure about whites service anymore? But a good while back i had a bunch of stuff replaced on my DFX including screen, pinpoint switch, etc and had it tuned and it was something like $110 including return shipping. I gave them a list of repairs including all new screws, outer screen face, etc.

Think I can help here. In January, I sent my XLT E series in for a check up and requested a new screen for a dimming display - no lines, but I know that is a symptom of the display going bad.

There was a labor charge of $80.00. The keypad was $8.58. The LCD assemblies are replaced with a DFX assembly at a cost of $26.64. A DFX pod pcb was also used at a cost of $26.84.

I still love my XLT and it works great, so it was worth it to me after owning it since 2007. I would assume it would cost around $150 to fix your display. Decide what it's worth to you. Hope that helps.

Andy

XLT screen

Those parts may be laying around some place. You might try Warren's in Freeport Fl. He is a repair center here in Fl. I buy parts from him, even though he specializes in water machines he may still have parts.
Replacing a screen is not difficult. I have an XLT . DFX, and MXT and repair them myself. Never had to replace a screen, but every thing around it...:roll:

Here is his email address. You can look up his 800 number on line. He will answer after 9 am central time. PS, if you do the work yourself you might consider changing out the keypad, toggle and rear half clamshell

[email protected]

Back
Top Bottom