• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Who uses the sniper coil for the AT Pro? Timely opinions needed.

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
I have a sniper coil lined up for $50 and I have tonight to decide if I'm buying it. I haven't seen a lot of talk about the sniper but I do see a lot about the 5x8. I have a 5x8 already.

The question is, will I ever use it or is the 5x8 about as good as it gets in trashy parks? TIA for any info.

For 50 bucks I'd get it,,I'm sure you'll use it in weeds and tot lots,super trashy areas around concession stands alone you'll get your 50 bucks back in clad.

Nothing wrong with a back up coil.

One question. Is teh coil a double d or concentric. I made the mistake of giving away a concentric for my etrac.

I use the 5x8 and dont change it often with the stock coil.

Small coil

I got a 4" coil for my Fisher F4 and really like it lets me get up closer to fences , and playground equipment and is so much better in trashy areas. For that price it should pay for it self. With the smaller coil you do have to slow down a little more, but when it finds the target it is a smaller area to recover the target pretty fast.

Thanks all. I'm still not decided but I have more to think about.

For 50 bucks I'd get it,,I'm sure you'll use it in weeds and tot lots,super trashy areas around concession stands alone you'll get your 50 bucks back in clad.

Normally I'd agree but right now I'm trying to kill dept and $50 could be used elsewhere. It's a good enough deal to get me thinking though.

One question. Is teh coil a double d or concentric. I made the mistake of giving away a concentric for my etrac.

I use the 5x8 and dont change it often with the stock coil.

I love the 5x8 too. It on a little less than 1/2 the time but that's because I'm in the woods a lot.

I got a 4" coil for my Fisher F4 and really like it lets me get up closer to fences , and playground equipment and is so much better in trashy areas. For that price it should pay for it self. With the smaller coil you do have to slow down a little more, but when it finds the target it is a smaller area to recover the target pretty fast.

This is what I was thinking. I hit a few parks at lunch that are 4 targets per swing. The 5x8 does great most of the time but there are a few spots that are so messed up I can't even clean up around the edges.

Back
Top Bottom