True military discount?

Hotled

I went to a site to purchase a Minelab Vanquish 540 pro pack.

So 540 pro pack is 499.
I use military discount to 424.
But I don’t get the bundled bag, it’s says it is a 60$ bag?
So if you take the bag out it’s 439- 15% = $373.15
Sound likes bait and switch ?

I think it is legit, but they only discount the machine, not accessories. and ads always tout the accessories as a $60 VALUE or whatever.

I bought a used Vanquish 540 and the accessories that came with mine were no great value.

But i think most of them came from the vendor, not Minelab. Cheap plastic digger, average gloves, tiny find bag, etc.

From your signature equipment list i imagine you already have quality diggers, pointers, etc.

So if it were my i would just get the machine from them. you will like it.

Call one of the forum sponsors for a good price. They may be able to beat what you find on a "site". Good luck and HH!

I have seen one dealer that constantly advertised that their packages were worth considerable money. I ran into a guy who had just purchased a machine from them and that hundreds of dollars of junk might have cost them 30 bucks max. Talk to a couple dealers. our sponsors will work with you to give you the best price they can. You need a detector, digging tool, quality pin pointer and a finds pouch.

So basically, the dealer is not losing any money by keeping the 60$ bag, makes sense, but I do not agree with that. Any bundle deals should be fulfilled regardless of any kind of discount IMO.

Ok, just to cut the nonsense...when I bought my first Equinox800 in 2019, list price was 899.00. A “military discount” would bring it to 765. I bought mine with NO military discount, shipped to my door, for 749.00 on the dot. To me, that’s just a huge middle finger to our vets. I’m not a vet... veteran or veterinarian. But I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express one time. I know most sales is just a dog and pony show. But it’s still insulting to those who think they’re getting a better deal than most if they find out that they’re NOT. And no, there weren’t any “favors” or “sponsorships” involved...it was the first time I had ever even talked to this dealer.

I understand that. They are selling it as a bundle except to the military discount people.

I will bet that there's some kind of manufacturer/distributor deal where they can only advertise certain things at certain prices. Like, they can't advertise the package at lower than $499, and they can't offer any kind of discount for not taking the accessories. That's how it is in markets for a lot of other kinds of merchandise.

Like the other people are saying, I'll bet you can find a sponsor that will be happy to work something out with you directly that won't violate their contract with the manufacturer.

well on the one hand, I'd like to see the discount on all Minelab products included on the first order, but they are not doing that. So yes, if you want to include the accy's in the "package deal", you pay almost the same total amount as with no Mil discount, but...

on the other hand, they get to make their own policy, and they don't have to offer any discount. Who else; detector manufacturers or dealers, is even doing that? I can't think of anyone. So thank you Minelab, for what you are doing.

Last year, with a Military discount I got a Nox 600 with the 11 and 6" coil, Garrett digging tool and a padded Minelab bag for $600 from Jeff at Quality Metal Detectors. No problems from me.

Back
Top Bottom