• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Farm fields owned by an LLC?

Smooth23

Elite Member
How do I get permission? I've got a very promising field located, but its been changing hands, at least on paper. Its currently owned by an LLC, with the registered agent being a law office in a neighboring town. Certainly not the actual owner though. Where should I get permission?

Maybe find out who is leasing the field to farm it? I have done that in the past with out of state owners.... Often other farmers in the area will know who works what field

agreed

Maybe find out who is leasing the field to farm it? I have done that in the past with out of state owners.... Often other farmers in the area will know who works what field
I agree. find out who works it and ask them first, they may have authority to give you permission.

I've been down this road more than once. Very unlikely you will get the permission. Farms in LLC's with resident agents (attorneys) likely have been told do not let anybody on the property for any reason save for a tennant farmer from which they are being paid. This to lessen the chance of being sued by someone being injured on the property. Unless you're already friends or an acquaintance with the owner it will be a tough sell.

I've been down this road more than once. Very unlikely you will get the permission. Farms in LLC's with resident agents (attorneys) likely have been told do not let anybody on the property for any reason save for a tennant farmer from which they are being paid. This to lessen the chance of being sued by someone being injured on the property. Unless you're already friends or an acquaintance with the owner it will be a tough sell.

Yeah there was never a chance of me asking the agent/lawyer

if there's an address to the lot, you could see if the local PD has a contact number for a property owner. I know my home county had a "farm watch" program that had the contact info for the lot owners.

Back
Top Bottom