• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

We tried to find a lost gold wedding band today

floridabill

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Erick and I went to the beach the water was pretty rough again. After we were there a couple hours a woman approached us and told us her husband had lost a big gold wedding band there yesterday and was trying to find it with a mask. We got a good description of it and told her we would give it a try. Erick had his Garrett LS and I had my beachhunter. We looked for it in a grid pattern the best we could for over two hours and nothing. I did get a signal that about blew my ear drum out and thought I have it but it turned out to be a belt buckle.

We left there and went to another beach that is known for being pretty rough. If you go there ten times you might be able to get in the water once. Well it was rough but we have been wanting to hunt it so in we went. It wasn't long and I was just about ready to come out after taking a few waves over the head.

Next thing I know I see a roller coming in like 5' high. As it hit me I jumped up and was carried a ways but managed to stay on my feet. I looked over at Erick and he did the same.

Well the next one came really fast hard & big, again I jumped but the wave brought me about twenty yards toward the beach but I stayed on my feet. I look over at Erick and he wasn't as lucky.

He got slammed by this 6' and all I saw was his scoop & detector up in the air and his hat flying and him tumbling end over end. He has his detector and scoop tied to him if he hadn't he would have lost them.

I managed to get his hat but he lost his prescription sunglasses and cut his leg up, so he limped to the truck and we called it a day.

Tomorrow we are heading further south to another beach that hopefully wont be as rough. Sorry for the long winded post. I found a few coins and a junk earring.

Gotta Love A Lake Hunt!

DAMN BILL!
SOUNDS LIKE YOU GUYS GOT TOSSED AROUND LIKE A PAIR OF JEANS IN THE DRYER:tumble:
BE CAREFUL !!!!!.......JESUS:no:
A RING AIN'T WORTH YOUR FREAKIN LIFE;)
DAVE

I hear that, we are always very careful especially with the rip currents we have here, but these couple of big rollers surprized us. LOL Guess it may have something to do with the recent hurricane....

Man, that sounds rough! We took a vacation to Texas last October and went fishing in the surf. We had to "jump" some waves like you described. I cannot even imagine trying to do that with a detector and scoop!

You guys are very brave indeed!

Back
Top Bottom