Someone desperate for a Mountain Dew

mhallack

Elite Member
A woman came in toi buy a bottle of mountain Dew. Total was $2.18. This is how part of the purchase was paid. (Yes I did the happy dance when nobody was around)

Attachments

• walkers.jpg
    walkers.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 944
I wish people were that desperate for Big Macs and Mcnuggets.:laughing:

Most of the time the shopple think they are spending the "foreign" coins in their possession, (happens a lot with mercs, they think they are Canadian).

Nice score!

Awesome ! I wish I worked a register still (though not for the meager pay I was receiving) so I could filter out good coins when they came in. Very nice score!!

Nice score! I was talking coins with a guy that owns a gas station in a rural area. He said when a local old person dies, young people always come in and buy stuff with silver coins.

Long time ago I was a Manager in a Burger King Restaurant. We use to get a lot of vagrants (place wasn't in the best part of town) in the place. A scruffy looking gentleman came in and paid for a cup of coffee with a Morgan Silver Dollar!! The girl that took the order came into get me because she had never seen one before, and thought it might be fake. I told the man I would give him the coffee and I would catch him next time. I gave him back the dollar. About a half hour later the gentlemen came back up to the counter and asked to see me. When I came out he held out his hand and told me to take the Dollar and he would not take no for an answer!! I went to give him his change for the dollar but he said the dollar was for me and that my giving him a cup of coffee was the nicest thing anyone had done for him in a long time. Never saw him again!! Still have the Morgan!!

I had a lady come into the store I worked, that worked in a convenience store.
She showed me a 2011 Walking Liberty silver ounce coin that a customer used as a dollar coin, to pay for her cigarettes!

I would've taken that for $1!

$15 a current melt value, around what $30-$40 numismatic? damn thats one expensive dew....

$30-40 numis value? for a pair of common date circulated walkers? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom