Could use alittle help from my friends

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
My family is going through a rough time. Our daughter Sarah turned 30 on the 5th. of this month and a day after her birthday she tried to commit suicide. She has struggled with depression since her teens, she has a heart of gold and is smarter than a whip. She took over 150 pills and drove off to a side road about 5 miles away. Luckily my wife came home on break and noticed her vehicle gone (she hardly ever leaves the house), she had a bad feeling and called the troopers, they pinged her cell phone and found her. They gave her something that kept her alive until she got to the hosital. She is okay and in the mental ward of the hosital, not sure for how long. We see her twice a day but could use all your prayers,thoughts,etc. I don't want any of you to feel sorry for us that is not the reason of this thread it is because I know how poweful and how helpful positive input can be. Thank you all. Steve

Last edited:
My family is going through a rough time. Our daughter Sarah turned 30 on the 5th. of this month and a day after her birthday she tried to commit suicide. She has struggled with depression since her teens, she has a heart of gold and is smarter than a whip. She took over 150 pills and drove off to a side road about 5 miles away. Luckily my wife came home on break and noticed her vehicle gone (she hardly ever leaves the house), she had a bad feeling and called the troopers, they pinged her cell phone and found her. They gave her something that kept her alive until she got to the hosital. She is okay and in the mental ward of the hosital, not sure for how long. We see her twice a day but could use all your prayers,thoughts,etc. I don't want any of you to feel sorry for us that is not the reason of this thread it is because I know how poweful and how helpful positive input can be. Thank you all. Steve

Steve,
I am sorry to hear about what you and your daughter are going through and know that my prayers are with you and your family.
I hope everything turns out and you daughter gets the help she needs.
I do know that she has 2 things going for her already and that's you and your her mother. Keep the faith !!

Very sorry to hear about that Steve, my prayers are with your family, I know first hand how tough depression can be as I went thru a period in my teens where I suffered from severe depression, and prayer really did help, also remind her how much she is loved and how important she is to you all. Not only pray for her but for the doctors to have wisdom to figure if the source of the depression is physical or psychological, I feel that we do what we can do and ask God to do what we can't do. Here is a web site where you can submit prayer requests and people from all over will pray for those requests - https://www.worldnetworkofprayer.com/weekly-prayer-list/ …..please try to stay encouraged and keep a close watch on her in the meantime.

I have a 6 and 2 your old, I cant even take it when they bump there heads :( our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

So sorry to hear about what happened! Thankfully they were able to find your daughter. I hope everything works out for you and your family!

Thoughts and prayers out to you. I certainly hope she sees the heartache this has caused the family and realizes how important she is to the family.

That's so sad, but I'm thankful God spared Sarah's life. That in itself is a reminder that He has special plans for her! My heart goes out to your family, and I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Prayers to you, Steve, and for Sarah. May God bless you both.

My daughter suffers from depression also. I worry every day.

I recently installed an app on my phone and had her install it on hers (all of our kids) which will track their location. It's called Life360, and it's free.

I wish the best for you and your family. I just read an interesting article on ketamine for treatment of depression. It might be worth checking into. I myself have been a lab rat when it comes to ssri's and the like. I can't say any of them work, but they might. Or it could be the behavioral therapy. Or both. But in my case it is my sincere belief that the medications haven't done much, maybe 80% therapy, 10% medication, 10% time/wisdom gained while feeling ok.

Back
Top Bottom