• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Old Spoon Top?

Bess

I found this object today at an old house site in Robinsville, NJ. The house appears to be old, as it is shown on the 1875 map of the area. It is very thin and has a portrait of a woman on it. I think that it is silver because of the word "Sterling" that is on it.
I hope that you can identify it. Thanks.
15419701802697679858385575819191.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a silverware handle end, so I'll go with that. I dont see the woman on it though. I looked I just dont see it.

Thanks for your reply. To see the woman, please turn the first picture 90 degrees clockwise. The only things that puzzles me are that it is extremely thin for a handle and that the design is pressed into the other side. Do you know how old it would be? (The house stops appearing on maps in the 1970s.)
Thanks again.:yes:
15420752786805638266388506814777.jpg

This is my first silver find!:D

Cant say what it is. If its that thin, it could be a peice of anything. Doubt your going to date something like that. What's funny is ive turned it about every way and never did see that woman. My wife broke me from looking years ago, it must have took, haha!

That most likely would have gone on a women's hair brush, its light and hollow because I believe the silver was laid over the wood handle of the brush. I've found a few similar pieces, and thats what I believe them to be. Nice find!

Attachments

• 4907a.jpg
    4907a.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 258
It would be Victorian era...I'm thinking late 1800's early 1900' s. Though thats just a guess, I'm far from an expert. Congrats!

I am going to wager a guess it is a needle threader, or what is left of one.

I don’t see the woman myself but I’m looking at a phone screen... I have to agree with this [emoji115][emoji2532] though

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Back
Top Bottom