Practical Detector use. OUCH!!!

I am sorry to hear about your brothers situation and also sorry to see you getting grief from a few here. I appreciate you sharing this and trying to inform others that it CAN happen to anyone. Just recently a child was killed when she found her fathers gun and was playing with it. Her father was a police officer and the 1 time he did not lock up his weapon upon returning home cost him dearly.
Hope all works out well for your family.

So--called empty guns have killed or injured lots of people. It is never the fault of the gun, it's careless handling of guns that's at fault.

I am sorry to hear about your brothers situation and also sorry to see you getting grief from a few here. I appreciate you sharing this and trying to inform others that it CAN happen to anyone. Just recently a child was killed when she found her fathers gun and was playing with it. Her father was a police officer and the 1 time he did not lock up his weapon upon returning home cost him dearly.
Hope all works out well for your family.

Yes. Definitely thankful we learned on a non-lethal scale. I always thought that that only happens to the stupid and careless .... Until I heard the gunshot and brother exclaiming "I shot myself". It is a reality that could happen to anyone. Thanks for the polite comment.:grin::grin:

Hope your brother is OK and recovers quickly. Saw 2 ADs in the military. Both did no damage to a person except what their NCOIC inflicted on them. The most careful ~ almost to a fault ~ are those that returned after seeing what a bullet can do to the human body or after filling body bags.

Hope your brother is OK and recovers quickly. Saw 2 ADs in the military. Both did no damage to a person except what their NCOIC inflicted on them. The most careful ~ almost to a fault ~ are those that returned after seeing what a bullet can do to the human body or after filling body bags.

Yes, I am glad I learned on an incident that didn't change any lives in a bad way.

I would like to add. Always check a firearm to make certain it is not loaded EVERY time you pick it up.

In my house every gun had BETTER be loaded or someone will answer to my Wife.:shock: She is a stickler for defending the house.
Marvin

non-lethal as a leg wound.

I'll leave the accidental discharge issue alone, but I can't agree with this small part of your post.
The Femoral artery runs down the inside of the leg, to about the knee, before it diminishes in size for the lower leg. Depending on where an AD might impact, one could bleed out before an ambulance could get there.
Thus, the cause for my disagreement.

In your brother's case, yes, pretty much a non-lethal injury, but it could have been much worse.

Roger

I'll leave the accidental discharge issue alone, but I can't agree with this small part of your post.
The Femoral artery runs down the inside of the leg, to about the knee, before it diminishes in size for the lower leg. Depending on where an AD might impact, one could bleed out before an ambulance could get there.
Thus, the cause for my disagreement.

In your brother's case, yes, pretty much a non-lethal injury, but it could have been much worse.

Roger

Yes, I know what it could have been. But this instance was non-lethal.

Well, thanks for letting us know about this incident...sort of a forum PSA...I'm sure you helped a lot of people as a reminder especially with the season starting up and all right now...to just again go over the basic precautions each and every time and go extra slow....Glad it all is going to be OK...

He has a good Life story out of it to tell his kids someday, or He can make one up! ....Like how he was minding his own business, doing some volunteer work, dressed up like Santa Clause and vigorously ringing a bell down at the Salvation Army Christmas Kettle out side the Piggly Wiggly, when all of a sudden, the clapper came off the bell, pinged off the side of the pot, and nailed him right in the leg!! He can then teach the kids all about Bell Safety and proper handling!

Like, "Children, never ring a bell at a donator you dont intend to bless" or "Never get ringing a bell just for the hell of it when theres nobody around to hear it" Or some such Life Lesson thing...something to that effect..."If you are gonna shoot yourself in the leg, make sure you are wearing red pants" :laughing:

It should leave a good scar! Get us a picture of the wound to add some visual power to your post...

FWIW, I've run a circular saw across the top of one of my legs, and also stabbed myself in that leg several years later...Both accidental, and I knew better in both instances..Great scar though! It tell the Nieces and Nephews "Thats where a shark bit me" :laughing:

Yeppers. And we all know that no thread would be complete without a visit from Mud-puppy.

Yeppers. And we all know that no thread would be complete without a visit from Mud-puppy.

Well Hey...You gotta admit! Who can resist an Easy layup as you presented here!:laughing: I will say though, shooting a guys self in the leg is a test of their inner character that cannot be falsified!...

If he ran around and made a big deal of it, screaming and crying and running around swearing and such, that exhibits a lack of self control and an unstable ungodly personality....

If he sat there and looked over as the smoke cleared and said, "Well Brother, can you kick me that roll of duct tape, and maybe stick your thumb in this bullet hole so I dont make a bloody mess on the carpet?"

Thats the measure of a Man..how a guy immediately responds to an unexpected self inflicted calamity...FWIW, I like to run around and make a big deal about it...but thats just me, totally Theatrical...!:laughing:

Well Hey...You gotta admit! Who can resist an Easy layup as you presented here!:laughing: I will say though, shooting a guys self in the leg is a test of their inner character that cannot be falsified!...

If he ran around and made a big deal of it, screaming and crying and running around swearing and such, that exhibits a lack of self control and an unstable ungodly personality....

If he sat there and looked over as the smoke cleared and said, "Well Brother, can you kick me that roll of duct tape, and maybe stick your thumb in this bullet hole so I dont make a bloody mess on the carpet?"

Thats the measure of a Man..how a guy immediately responds to an unexpected self inflicted calamity...FWIW, I like to run around and make a big deal about it...but thats just me, totally Theatrical...!:laughing:

Yep, cause ya know what they say.....'if you cant fix it with duct tape, you ain't using enough duct tape.'

Yep, cause ya know what they say.....'if you cant fix it with duct tape, you ain't using enough duct tape.'

Get us a picture! No pic it didnt happen! Hey, we have all pretty much seen bullet wounds on various things....No big deal..but always of interest to evaluate ballistacally....for the reloaders...125gr HP sierra Pt blank etc... .

Alright , I will put the pic on my first post cause I don't know how to put a picture on a regular post.

Back
Top Bottom