• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Interesting button found in Baltimore

claddy

Elite Member
Any help would be appreciated... thanks

Attachments

• AD78D901-CD00-4C70-B46C-D02793554FA1.jpg
    AD78D901-CD00-4C70-B46C-D02793554FA1.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 382
  • F66C2BED-C689-4AAF-825E-72362552B203.jpg
    F66C2BED-C689-4AAF-825E-72362552B203.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 350
Yes, interesting button.
Please post the exact diameter and also exactly what the back mark says. I'm having a hard time reading it.

Posting for friend

Waterbury Button co. Don’t have size yet

Got it

I believe what you have there is the not so uncommon Santa Claus button. It's a well known fact that St Nicks bright red coat is festooned with bright shiny brass buttons. A little gaudy and self promoting with the big S and all but hey, it's Santa Claus, who's gonna complain. He probably has a whole addendum in his giant book of people that have in one way or another ridiculed his garb.
It's also a well known fact that with all the physical activity, lifting, carrying goodies, his somewhat rotund physique and the fact that the poor old guy has to squeeze himself into overly tight chimneys. He does, regularly lose those big S buttons. You'll note that almost all of them are found at the bases of chimneys. Not a coincidence one thinks. Why it was only 4 years back that while cleaning my gutters, I found one in and among the rotting leaf litter. You'll also notice that they are never found at dwellings of the "not so nice" people in the neighborhood.
My advice to you would be to return it. Simply place it next to a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk near the Christmas tree. It will be gone in the morning, but you just might find a new Garret Carrot under " ole tannenbaum".
Another coincidence ? I'd not take the chance. HoHoHo

Waterbury Button co. Don’t have size yet

Since Waterbury Button co is still in business and made/makes buttons for all kinds of uniforms and clothing it might be very hard to fully ID this button.
Some general info:
http://shop.ctstore.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=19

They even make reproduction CW buttons today.

The 'S' could be Sheriffs dept uniform or something else (Santa).

Also seems the back mark isn't helpful to date this button as well as the construction.

I believe what you have there is the not so uncommon Santa Claus button. It's a well known fact that St Nicks bright red coat is festooned with bright shiny brass buttons. A little gaudy and self promoting with the big S and all but hey, it's Santa Claus, who's gonna complain. He probably has a whole addendum in his giant book of people that have in one way or another ridiculed his garb.
It's also a well known fact that with all the physical activity, lifting, carrying goodies, his somewhat rotund physique and the fact that the poor old guy has to squeeze himself into overly tight chimneys. He does, regularly lose those big S buttons. You'll note that almost all of them are found at the bases of chimneys. Not a coincidence one thinks. Why it was only 4 years back that while cleaning my gutters, I found one in and among the rotting leaf litter. You'll also notice that they are never found at dwellings of the "not so nice" people in the neighborhood.
My advice to you would be to return it. Simply place it next to a plate of chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk near the Christmas tree. It will be gone in the morning, but you just might find a new Garret Carrot under " ole tannenbaum".
Another coincidence ? I'd not take the chance. HoHoHo

Omg funny stuff!!!

Another possibility could be a Salvation Army button? Waterbury made a "S" button for the women's official coats.

Its cool, its old, I looked for 30 mins for one with no luck, but I had fun on a snowy night.

Back
Top Bottom