First month with Vanquish 540 - .925, $94 clad, jewellery etc.

Fount It!

Hi all,

As a new detectorist, I've just completed my first month of hunting with the Vanquish 540.

I spent a lot of time detecting an old community sports oval that hasn't seen any use for the last 20 odd years. I hit a few playgrounds too.

I mentioned in my introduction that my main target is jewellery and I did manage to find plenty of it, though most was costume. The only piece worth mentioning is a 5g .925 ring.

Plenty of misc items including badges, buttons, buckles etc. I tried to crack $100 in clad but finished up just shy with $94.77

All in all I'm very happy with the results and the 540. Pics attached.

Best,
Brendan

Attachments

• 20201129_164343.jpg
    20201129_164343.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 496
  • 20201129_164403.jpg
    20201129_164403.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 482
  • 20201129_164431.jpg
    20201129_164431.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 490
  • 20201129_164510.jpg
    20201129_164510.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:
Awesome finds! The Vanquish is a great detector. I think it is truly underrated. So easy to use. Is that a pipe in that last picture?

Awesome finds! The Vanquish is a great detector. I think it is truly underrated. So easy to use. Is that a pipe in that last picture?

Thank you Diabolik,

As a new detectorist, I have nothing to compare the Vanquish to. As a beginner, a 'set and forget' machine is exactly what I was after and I'm very happy with the results thus far.

I've been told that the pipe in the last picture is used to smoke marijuana, as are the six or so 'cone pieces' next to it. Certainly a surprise find

Wow, congrats on a really good first month !!!! :thumbsup:

(your first month was a whole lot better than my first year :lol: so keep at it !)

Cheers Gary,

Begginers luck? Looking forward to seeing what else is buried our there.

Best,
Brendan

Cheers Gary,

Begginers luck? Looking forward to seeing what else is buried our there.

Best,
Brendan

Thanks Brenden,

Like other members have mentioned before a huge factor is ......location, location, location :lol:

Because even with the best detectors, you can't find what isn't there :lol:

......so you definitely found some great locations, so keep at it !!!!

Now having a good detector might help in finding deeper targets past detectorists have missed using older models of detectors.

Last edited:
Thank you Soil Surgeon,

You're not wrong about the stoners - Not sure what that says about the area I live in... :?:

Cheers,
Brendan

It says your area isn't different than any area when it comes to drug consumption . It seems like a lot of people everywhere need some kind of crutch to deal with everything .It's insane around here in the San Francisco Bay Area , it's literally everywhere . You even smell it when you're driving on the freeways . I often wonder if the Corona platelets ride those skunk smelling clouds ! :?:

give you a hint Brendan, always dump the pipes. never take them with you. if a trashcan is very close dump it or fling it in the bushes. never know when you are going to be in a wreck or something, and residue can be cased in some areas. certainly may cause a legal blood test. besides, the street junkies carry a lot of diseases. tons in my town in Georgia-- the health dept area headquarters are in my building and the folks that work there track diseases and carriers. i find needles and throw them in plastic drink bottles into nearby trash cans. i dont use drink cans because some people dig them out to recycle. i have buried some in bushes deep where they wont be dug up. its a nasty world. i was a cop for 28 yrs with tons of drug work. needles are very bad. just be careful. and when you dig up that first buried gun, that will really pump you up... call cop turn it over...
you are doing great. the targets you are finding says you wont miss much gold. keep on keeping on. be carefull and good luck.

PS find a partner for safety.. mine passed this year and now i sadly hunt alone. it makes it a lot more fun too..

Back
Top Bottom