Joined the Seated party!

Silverhorse65

Elite Member
Stopped by a small town park last week for a bit of detecting after running an errand in a nearby town. I'd detected the park back in mid-summer with only a wheat penny and some clad to show for the effort. Anyway, spent another half hour there detecting a small section I'd neglected earlier in the summer. Got a decent signal right up against a tree and had to fight a large root to pull this beauty out of the ground. I say beauty because it's the oldest I've found to this point and the first seated. It's ten years older than the town I found it in! Gotta love 1871 Seated, even if it is a pretty thin and crispy disc.

Attachments

• 1871 Seated Liberty Dime.jpg
    1871 Seated Liberty Dime.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 237
Dick,

I see your from Rockford. Those are some impressive totals for Iowa in terms of IH and Silver, I would think. Are you mostly detecting in and around Upper, Central Iowa? Do you mostly do parks, farm fields, or permissions? I'm from Des Moines area. Just got a Nox 600 in June and have pulled about 5 IH and 20 silvers so far this year. I haven't done any permissions due to Covid. Don't want to scare people by knocking on doors.

Back
Top Bottom