• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First time taking a seat!

k2gleaner

Elite Member
Had a few tough hunts lately with nothing to show for my efforts. Long story short: today was looking to be another one of those days, but as it's happened before, on my way back to the truck...

(I had just sorry of prayed "please let me find a trime or half-dime or something like that!")

And got a signal worth digging. For the life of me, I can't remember what the signal was and I think it was about 7" down.

I saw something round in the loose sand that I had just pulled out of the hole. I figured it was a button but when I realized it was quite silver in color... And then I felt how thin it was.

I thought it was a barber because the wreath looks similar and I've never got a seated, or a half-dime before. When I deleted it over, and saw Liberty seated, I was so excited.

First seated.
First half-dime.
Oldest US silver.

8d2c344de905c42ab40b493eb1ef52d1.jpg
bb4e07b94bd14d66944eb4d5a1702a5c.jpg

k2gleaner

WOW! Not only a seated, but a half dime! I’m still looking for my first seated anything:lol:

Oh man, way to go!! I know the feeling of forgetting the VDI after popping something cool out of the ground.

I would wear it, I would show strangers, I would change my screen name to "Half Dime Dave", If you name is Dave of course

Very nice find! Was this in a yard, field, park??
A field next to a river, on a bluff. Found out last night that nearby property books some very old sites - but on State-owned land). My point is, this area is old, too.

I found some pieces of relics that I was going to ask for help identifying but after finding the seated, I couldn't be bothered to clean them up. :)

k2gleaner

Congrats k2, on your first seated, first half dime and oldest U.S. silver coin !
She was in real nice condition too, when dropped; probably at least VF-35.

Sometimes, when you least expect it ...

Congratulations on the sweet find and it’s in beautiful shape too. That’s a coin that’s eluded me for sure. You definitely earned it by the sound of it

Back
Top Bottom