Does a good pinpointer 30-50 dollars exist?

SnakeSpiritDude

So, I just bought a Tk4. At first I was skeptic of a pinpointer and it's importance. I thought it only exists so you can wave clumps on dirt over it,and I figured my detector could do the same. But as I have been hunting, i realize how much efficient and cleaner you can dig using a pinpointer. Anybody know of a good pinpointer in this price range? Thanks, internet.

Maybe a used Garrett Carrot or ML35 would be your best bet. Those cheap ones on eBay and Amazon don't usually get very good reviews.

Cliff

You could find a $50, used GOOD pointer. For instance, I have a Whites 120mm Bullseye II which I got in a detector bundle. That was years ago. It's not been in the dirt but maybe an hour, it's virgin except for no warrranty. I already owned the Garretts black pointer and a Detech pointer, each costing a bit over a hundred. Point is, there are pristine pointers in people's closets.

I honestly can't say because a have a Garrett Carrot. Very happy with it. Worth every penny if you use all the features.

I have been looking for a backup and this was suggested as a backup. Maybe someone here actually has one and can comment.

Attachments

• Pinpointer.jpg
    Pinpointer.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 353
The Detechnix X1 is a very good pointer and can be bought for $89.95 at many sellers.

Yes i have the original x pointer bought it 7 yrs ago and still works fine!!

For 89.00 its the best one IMO in that price range ..its miles better than the imitation GP pointer you can get for less...

I have 3 pin pointers and would be happy if the xpointer was the only one i had... the depth is very good...
I wouldnt even be into detecting if pin pointers didnt exist

I honestly can't say because a have a Garrett Carrot. Very happy with it. Worth every penny if you use all the features.

I have been looking for a backup and this was suggested as a backup. Maybe someone here actually has one and can comment.

Do a forum search for "shrxy" and you'll see mostly good things about the GP Pointer II. Survived underwater, good detection range (for the price), decent feature set... I haven't seen anyone trying to beat one up using it as a primary, but a few of us have them as backups...

Seemed like all the "good" pinpointers were well over $100, so I started out with a Harbor Freight $15 pinpointer, and no question I'd have rather ponied up $30 for the gpp II had it existed. Would I still have eventually felt the need to upgrade to the TRX? The world will never know.

Some good advice that I have received from every forum on every hobby/sport I have ever been involved in: Buy once, cry once. You honestly can pay for the pinpointer in a couple of months of finding clad.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 4.21.15 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2020-11-15 at 4.21.15 PM.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 244
Back
Top Bottom