1727 house

Newblue

I’ve just been contacted to detect a house built in 1727 with 2 acre lot. She said every time she digs she finds something old. She asked if I’d be interested. Umm, No I don’t want to detect every metal detectors dream house. Are you kidding me??? Original owner was a brigadier general in the revolutionary war. I really hope she wasn’t messing with me and she gets back to me. I’m so excited. Honestly even if she wants to keep everything I don’t care. This will be so much fun. I hope it stops raining here soon. I might have to wait until next week. I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.

I’ve just been contacted to detect a house built in 1727 with 2 acre lot. She said every time she digs she finds something old. She asked if I’d be interested. Umm, No I don’t want to detect every metal detectors dream house. Are you kidding me??? Original owner was a brigadier general in the revolutionary war. I really hope she wasn’t messing with me and she gets back to me. I’m so excited. Honestly even if she wants to keep everything I don’t care. This will be so much fun. I hope it stops raining here soon. I might have to wait until next week. I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted. Wish me luck.
Wow...that's awesome. Ya need any help, I can be on my way in about 5 minutes!! :)
Seriously, best of luck.

Whoa! Talk about an extraordinary location! Imagine the history that place has seen... just to visit it would be neat, but to metal detect there, too? A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity!

Thanks everybody. It will be a blast but I’m getting a little nervous. She messaged me last night, through a neighborhood forum website, after I was sleeping. I messaged her back as soon as I saw it this morning with my contact information. I know I need to give her time, she is probably working, but I’m very excited and anxious to talk to her. I really hope she isn’t playing with me. I know the house exists and I know she is the owner but it sounds too good to be true. I’d hate for somebody to talk her out of it before she talks to me. Ugh! I’m going crazy! I’ll let you all know if and when I hear from her again.

Don't be a pest or you'll lose the chance to detect a monster yard

I won’t pester her. I’ll at least give it a few days and then check back in with her. It’s hard sitting with so much excitement but it will be worth the wait if it comes to be. It’s been raining pretty good for the last few days so maybe she figures on waiting until the weather clears.

I won’t pester her. I’ll at least give it a few days and then check back in with her. It’s hard sitting with so much excitement but it will be worth the wait if it comes to be. It’s been raining pretty good for the last few days so maybe she figures on waiting until the weather clears.

Wishing you the best of luck brother! Be sure to post your findings 👀

She got back to me. If the weather holds up I’ll be going on Sunday. Stay tuned...

Looking forward to what you might find Newblue. Just be prepared for the owner to be just as curious as you. Is there an understanding as to who gets to keep what? Take plenty of pics, you will at least get to keep those. Good luck ! If no one has detected that site in the past, you won't need any luck. There will be goodies for sure.

Looking forward to what you might find Newblue. Just be prepared for the owner to be just as curious as you. Is there an understanding as to who gets to keep what? Take plenty of pics, you will at least get to keep those. Good luck ! If no one has detected that site in the past, you won't need any luck. There will be goodies for sure.

She contacted me so I know she is just as curious. She also said she looks forward to watching me do this so I won’t be surprised if she hovers over me. I haven’t asked if I can keep things and I really don’t care so much. I’m just intrigued by what could possibly be there. I will probably ask if I can keep at least one or two items. And I will definitely take pics.

Let her bring up the finds issue first then go from there. She may be fine with her having the pictures and letting you keep the finds. Best thing though think is to just wait and see what you find. Likely some soils have been moved around or the ground filled some in over 250 years.

Since you are excited good for you. Personally I’ve only once done a place where I had an owner as you described. After that experience I vowed I wouldn’t ever have stipulations placed upon my detecting ; takes all the fun out of it for me. If the owner is going to keep the finds let them buy a detector and find them on their own. Not worth it for me.

I’m a sister not a brother, but you wouldn’t necessarily know that so I’ll let it slide :D:p;)

Haha, lol. That's funny Newblue. Theres guys n girls here and it could be hard to tell. I hope I sound very macho when writing about detecting. But most of all good luck with the old house. I hope a relative of hers isn't budding in like saying, we'll get our own detector and........ HH and GL.

Back
Top Bottom