Ready to GO

holdyrbrth

Recommendations for my first detector please. 70 years old, good health, walk 3+ miles a day, but a not so good right shoulder rotorcuff, and I am right handed, so I suppose I can swing left handed. BTW I have very good hearing aids too. Have a little less than a $grand$ to spend. Live here in Charlotte area of NC., lots of "bull tile" and clay. Will be going to the beach next year at least 3 times maybe 4. Don't really expect to do any detecting near home at all, will save for the beach.
Maybe I have seen too much Oak Island. And I personally think Gary "seeds" the island. Hope i am wrong and the treasure is still somewhere out there, but i won't hold my breath.
1) Having done enough reading and detector homework over the last few months I believe that either a Minelab or Garrett would be a very good choice.
2) Any under 10 pounds with a large or small coil?
3) Great warranty?
4) Automatic ground balance available?
I thank you all in advance for your expertise and guidance.
If you want to send me a direct email, [email protected].

If you are going to just hit the dry sand and wet sand and countryside I would say the minelab equinox 800. Nice light machine and fast target response. Under your price but by the time you add in a good pinpointer and a good digger and a decent finds bag and maybe some gloves you'll be brushing that price point.
If you get an equinox, keep it out of the water, i drowned a few...

I don't have much experience...

But i see a LOT of posts here showing interesting finds and the footnote often lists a Garrett AT Pro.

But i see a LOT of posts here showing interesting finds and the footnote often lists a Garrett AT Pro.

Garrett Pro series is a good machine, but for the money, I'd choose the Minelab Equinox series. I have a Garrett machine in my signature, but haven't touched it since buying the Equinox 800. I actually sold it.

Back
Top Bottom