If you are going to dig clad, might as well dig a lot of it

casroc2003

With driving a truck, I don't get to get out often. Today was only my second time to get out this year. Just killing time, I decided to hit the local fairgrounds for a bit. Started out slow, then I found a hot spot. Totaled out pretty good I think. 73 quarters, 12 dimes, 6 nickels, 17 pennies, for a total of $20.92. (That's if my math is close to right) :laughing:

Attachments

• 20201127_173923.jpg
    20201127_173923.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 352
  • 20201127_175247.jpg
    20201127_175247.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 356
Dang...that's an awesome day no matter how you slice it.

I want to hit our local fairgrounds, but it's privately owned, and fenced in and locked so I can't get onto it....yet at least :)

Congrats, that is super !!!! :thumbsup:

Have yet to find an area that good myself, my biggest "hunts" have come from checking the local Coinstar :lol:

Thank you for the kind replies. Just a bit of information about our fairgrounds here. The fair is held Labor Day week every year, and normally I will hit it within a week or two. There has always been at least one hot spot. The average haul is around $15:00, my best year was $28:00. I don't grid in any way, just work along till I find the hot spot. The fairgrounds is my go to place when I don't have any place special in mind, and is always good for a couple of bucks in clad. I do occasionally find jewelry, but that is just pure luck. The amount of trash is incredible.
I have never seen anyone else there metal detecting, but do find evidence of others hunting there. Yesterday it was open holes with trash besides them.
Anyways I hope y'all have a great holiday season. And happy hunting, and good luck out there.

I can imagine the trash would be INCREDIBLE. But, it seems to be worth it.

One day I'll get to detect a fairgrounds like that :)

Back
Top Bottom