Aluminum token

jbrow

Elite Member
I found this token the other day . Whenever I find something like this, I'm so interested in finding more out about it. Sometimes with little success, but this one is pretty cool as I was actually able to get more information than usual. I dug this Green Tree token up at an old home site in a farmer's field 50 miles from the saloon. The Street has been renamed and the establishment has changed names over the years, but has been a watering hole throughout the years. I'm pretty excited about it.....:D Check it out !

Attachments

• 6260.jpg
    6260.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 20201124_211425.jpg
    20201124_211425.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 6265.jpeg
    6265.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 177
  • 6272.jpeg
    6272.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 175
  • three-blind-mice.jpg
    three-blind-mice.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 160
  • 10162486714_d144d8bea2_b.jpg
    10162486714_d144d8bea2_b.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Definitely something to be excited about. Tokens are something very unique. And to find the history and a photo behind it.:wow2:

I wonder if they’d still redeem it... hmmmm...

I recently found a Little Caesar’s coupon from the 80s, that I was considering giving a whirl...

Great find, jbrow, and so awesome that you were able to find some detailed historical information to go with it! That colorized postcard is fantastic! (And it makes me wonder what you could find with a detector underneath that grassy area that’s now covered in concrete at the current establishment :D)

I’m with you - I enjoy the historical research into an object just as much as making the find, but I especially enjoy tokens. Just dripping with great local history!

Good for tokens are always awesome to find! The research after can be just much fun! Congrats!

Definitely something to be excited about. Tokens are something very unique. And to find the history and a photo behind it.:wow2:
Token, history, photo.....now I think I'd like to visit the place !
I wonder if they’d still redeem it... hmmmm...

I recently found a Little Caesar’s coupon from the 80s, that I was considering giving a whirl...
I may go there and see ! Maybe they'll discount my meal !
Love them tokens!
Sometimes I like tokens more than coins !
Good for tokens are always awesome to find! The research after can be just much fun! Congrats!
The research is fun, especially in the internet age. Endless information on the inter web.
Great find, jbrow, and so awesome that you were able to find some detailed historical information to go with it! That colorized postcard is fantastic! (And it makes me wonder what you could find with a detector underneath that grassy area that’s now covered in concrete at the current establishment :D)

I’m with you - I enjoy the historical research into an object just as much as making the find, but I especially enjoy tokens. Just dripping with great local history!
Thanks ! The grassy area had me thinking the same thing. Imagine what was dropped there, maybe even by the people on the postcard.

Back
Top Bottom