Got out this afternoon and did well!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Decent weather today here in Western Montana, clear and 40 degrees, so I invited a local buddy (Nox 800) to head up to Missoula this afternoon. I was able to get permission at a nice 1920's home with good curb area and large yard, and it paid off with some good finds.

From the curb area, the first target turned out to be a neat HARLEY Davidson pin, not sure how old but still cool. I pulled a Silver Rosie and some wheat cents from the strip, an aluminum thimble, and small crotal type bell, while my buddy found some wheaties and modern clad. We then headed into the yard and divided it up. I ended up with the "good side" this time, as I pulled a 1925 Merc Dime, a 1904 Indian Head Cent, some more wheat cents, and a nice coin spill. This spill rang up as a 86-88 on the AT Pro, and flipping some dirt out revealed a batch of four wheat cents. I could see a larger silver disc in the hole, and it was a 1936-S Washington Quarter.

We then checked a couple nearby curb strips, but not much there. I did get us permission at another 1920 home, some wheat cents were about all in the small front yard, and part of the ground was frozen from being in the shade. My friend hopped out to the curb strip and pulled a nice Silver Rosie, and I got a Queen Elizabeth Canadian silver quarter, so not bad!

A fun hunt, with some decent finds, the weather is supposed to snow tomorrow but then warm up a bit so perhaps I can get out toward the end of this week. Thank you for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 451
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 450
  • harley.jpg
    harley.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 437
Congrats on the shiny Shiny. Another good report/ pics. We had a pretty mild winter last year, hopefully a repeat will afford some extra days a field. Good luck, Mark

Some great finds there congrats

Thank you rx8driver!

Congrats on the shiny Shiny. Another good report/ pics. We had a pretty mild winter last year, hopefully a repeat will afford some extra days a field. Good luck, Mark

Thank you Mark! Hope to get out again perhaps on Friday and / or Saturday as temps back into the low 40's.

Some mighty fine near-end of the year finds to add to the grand totals!

Thank you JAK! Added a few more silver to the coffers.

The pin is a real treasure. Looks even older than this one from the '70s that's listed for sale on ebay.

Thank you Kellyco! And thanks for the link to the eBay example of that pin. Mine might be late 60's or early 70's from what I've found out.

Great hunt David. Glad to see you've been able to get out. You're going to set a tough silver number to try and beat next year. I'm always envious of the great detecting there in Missoula. Paul and I went out yesterday and did some curbstrips and a few permissions in an area that looked so promising. Mostly just got clad, some wheats one Buff and one silver religious medallion. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Great hunt David. Glad to see you've been able to get out. You're going to set a tough silver number to try and beat next year. I'm always envious of the great detecting there in Missoula. Paul and I went out yesterday and did some curbstrips and a few permissions in an area that looked so promising. Mostly just got clad, some wheats one Buff and one silver religious medallion. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone.

Thanks Gale! Glad you and Paul were able to get out and make some finds. Yeah, I am a bit worried about setting the shiny bar too high. These last finds make 240 silvers for the year. I "might" get to Two Fitty, that would be a nice round number! I think next year I'll just shoot for 100 shiny as I'm always grateful for the finds I do make. Happy Thanksgiving too!

Decent weather today here in Western Montana, clear and 40 degrees, so I invited a local buddy (Nox 800) to head up to Missoula this afternoon. I was able to get permission at a nice 1920's home with good curb area and large yard, and it paid off with some good finds.

From the curb area, the first target turned out to be a neat HARLEY Davidson pin, not sure how old but still cool. I pulled a Silver Rosie and some wheat cents from the strip, an aluminum thimble, and small crotal type bell, while my buddy found some wheaties and modern clad. We then headed into the yard and divided it up. I ended up with the "good side" this time, as I pulled a 1925 Merc Dime, a 1904 Indian Head Cent, some more wheat cents, and a nice coin spill. This spill rang up as a 86-88 on the AT Pro, and flipping some dirt out revealed a batch of four wheat cents. I could see a larger silver disc in the hole, and it was a 1936-S Washington Quarter.

We then checked a couple nearby curb strips, but not much there. I did get us permission at another 1920 home, some wheat cents were about all in the small front yard, and part of the ground was frozen from being in the shade. My friend hopped out to the curb strip and pulled a nice Silver Rosie, and I got a Queen Elizabeth Canadian silver quarter, so not bad!

A fun hunt, with some decent finds, the weather is supposed to snow tomorrow but then warm up a bit so perhaps I can get out toward the end of this week. Thank you for your interest!
You did great [emoji106] . How many Indian heads did you end up with?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom