Back to Back to Back Silver Hunts in the Woods

milco

Elite Member
I went out today, yesterday and Fri to an area in the woods in a local park where they had cleared some invasive species brush back a couple months ago. I’ve been putting off going there as I had been occupied with numerous street projects that were going. Those are all done and the weather has been holding up, so I finally made it over there. I have been in this area before and have always made some interesting finds, but the combination of the clearings and the learning the NOX this year I think yielded some great results. I was able to find silver in each of the three hunts, here are the totals.

ef807ebb87d1e3d7002849cc5f3910bf.jpg

IMG_6624.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

Great finds. Those wheat pennies and Indian look spectacular. Did you tumble them? What process do you use to get them looking so good?

Great finds. Those wheat pennies and Indian look spectacular. Did you tumble them? What process do you use to get them looking so good?

Thanks! Yes, the cents went in the tumbler with water and a little vinegar for about two hours.

Congrats on all the silver!!! I actually have a old park here I'm going to get out into the wooded area of this winter. This post really pumps me up about it!!

Wow, what fun, your reading the area as it was very well for such great finds.

Back
Top Bottom