• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Deep silver

hikerdude

Forum Supporter
I bought an E-TRAC, and have been doing research on hunting deep silver. On you tube, I see where the Sun Ray X-12 coil goes three inches deeper than the original / stock coil. I WANT ONE. Anyone know where I can find one, or what other coil that will work as well?
Thanks for any info in advance,
hikerdude

Have owned an E-Trac for years and have used many different coils including larger than stock. I am leery of this claim. Maybe an inch but not 3. Another thing to consider. Target separation. Larger coils are generally not near as good and they are heavier. Keep those facts in mind.

I agree with Pastor Bob. You aren't going to get an extra 3". The best "larger" coil I ever used for FBS machines is the 13" Ultimate coil. I'd give that one a shot, if I were you. That coil never left my machine, once I got it. Light, deep, and great separation for such a large coil. Again though, only about an inch or so deeper than the stock coil. That 11" Pro coil that Minelab puts on the E-Trac is a heckuva coil...

Steve

Let’s face it...we certainly live in a world of disinformation and exaggerated claims! The X-12 is a very nice coil...built very well, very nice cord, excellent performance. But I don’t use one anymore, I went to the Detech Ultimate 13” for my Explorer. The cord doesn’t have the quality of the Sunray, but for some reason the Ultimate performs better for me. WHY? Dunno. All I can do is report what I’ve seen. In the end, neither the Sunray or the Detech will get you “an extra 3 inches” over the Pro coil.

Back
Top Bottom