GoPro Type Camera Recommendation

Dodge92

I guess I will call it an accessory but just curious for those that use GoPro type cameras to document their hunts, are there any in particular that you might recommend?

I switch up between a few different camera options but for recording live digs, I use Gogloo camera glasses set up with clear lenses. Sounds kind of strange I know, but they actually work great.

http://www.goglootech.com

The model E7 has a tiltable camera so it’s easy to set up the perfect first person view.

It uses a Sony sensor so video quality is pretty good. Sound quality is also good. They’re kind of expensive but much better than the cheaper ones sold on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I will call it an accessory but just curious for those that use GoPro type cameras to document their hunts, are there any in particular that you might recommend?

When I experiment with video recording I use a chest mount. I detect first and foremost for me and my relaxation. If I can get some good footage without thinking about it, then great. Fortunately, the GoPro I bought used on Ebay came with about 10 good batteries and a huge memory card. That wasn't clear on the listing description, so I got a great deal. I just turn it on, hunt, and occasionally check/change the battery. I don't take it on every hunt.

With the chest strap I set the angle so the camera can see the detector's screen and coil. I had to re-learn where and how to kneel in relation to the target so I wasn't filming my legs.

The head strap was no good because I like to look around while I swing and not stare at the screen. I have the tripod/grip accessory, but can't imagine messing with that while swinging. Some people do it.

I bought the Activeon Black a couple of years ago for $49 on Amazon and have been very happy with it. It uses all the GoPro accessories.

I’ve used the GoPro in the past on a hat mount. Using my iPhone as a view finder so the angle is right. The cool thing is it can be setup for voice commands so it doesn’t drain the battery and only records when the user says, “start recording’-“stop recording’ With the app you can do the same functions with a phone. Obviously there’s a lot of things to edit on a hunt and you can condense the good digs into a montage of sorts for something watch worthy on YouTube. Just my $.02

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom